Tire wear

JDRACE

My son is in red plate with a gear rule. Runs on asphalt, Jr sportsman Champ Kart. We are fairly new to karting. His times are coming down nicely and learning to be consistent on his line. His right rear tire has what looks to be feathering just on the inside quarter of the tire. Is that a sign of something that should be changed? His cross is 48%, right is 55% and nose is 45.5 %. Thanks for any comments.

My son is in red plate with a gear rule. Runs on asphalt, Jr sportsman Champ Kart. We are fairly new to karting. His times are coming down nicely and learning to be consistent on his line. His right rear tire has what looks to be feathering just on the inside quarter of the tire. Is that a sign of something that should be changed? His cross is 48%, right is 55% and nose is 45.5 %. Thanks for any comments.
This should be changed, left side percentages are always more than what the right should be.

Do you know what the cambers are set at ?

A bit more cross can help, you're on the low end of where I'd be (48-52%) but that depends on the track and driver some too.
Possibly a bit less rear stagger (which would also increase cross slightly) would help as well.
Lower the vertical center of gravity (make sure the seat is mounted low and just ahead of the rear axle.)
More left side percentage and adjust air / increase split could help too.
All things that can "help," and as Ken suggested - make sure the front end is lined out correctly as well.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

A bit more cross can help, you're on the low end of where I'd be (48-52%) but that depends on the track and driver some too.
Possibly a bit less rear stagger (which would also increase cross slightly) would help as well.
Lower the vertical center of gravity (make sure the seat is mounted low and just ahead of the rear axle.)
More left side percentage and adjust air / increase split could help too.
All things that can "help," and as Ken suggested - make sure the front end is lined out correctly as well.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Thanks, he's so little I am running out of room to add weight to increase left percentage!

Back