Tire ?

We race 375 at Florida tracks State Races and Saturday Night Races. I have brand new tires that I rolled and just sanded and never ran cause of rain and racing dropped off with the holidays. I have some Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. my ? Is how old is to old. I heard 5 weeks is old. I know it all in what the track need but just trying to see kinda what everybody thoughts on this subject. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't put anything into there to old yet, the question is do you re roll them, and the amount of chemical wipped when you race them.

That old a Maxxis this time of the year may be too old for a good track. However, depending on what internal you use you may be able to re roll the tire and use on a slightly less biting track.
If you would like to call me, ill try and help you over the phone with any questions you might have.

Tire brand, and also what internal was used makes a difference.
Vegas, I wouldn't be afraid to run'em. Maxxis I'd likely re-roll.

Generally, if I re-roll a tire, it'll be with half of the same chemical that was initially rolled internally.
That will add to and help to re-activate the chemicals that are still remaining in your tires.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back