Tired of getting smoked

Mopdog, there really is alot I dont know, but getting the local guys to help me has been really tough, thats why I asked on here to get a variety of things to try. I was told from day one that tires is what makes the difference. I have the same that they have, using same prep they use, running the same frame and pretty close on gear, just went through my whole kart and put new bearings all the way through. Bought a blueprinted motor that is supposed to be as good as theirs, and added a Holy Moses carb from Dover Power, and still same results. There must be something they are doing that I am not. Thats why I asked on here. I am being told that they are running 114 octane racing fuel and I am running gas out of the pump like we are supposed to. Their fuel is a pinkish red color and mine is blue. Could that be the major difference? I am not sure, It just amazes me that one week we can run with them and just not quite have enough to get around them and then the very next race they lap us sometimes twice.

You need to ensure your tire program is on par with your competition. You can have same tires same prep and same durometer but that doesnt mean your tires are anywhere close to your competitors.

The right tires for the track conditions can improve your lap times alot compared to having tires a little too soft or hard for the conditions or the wrong prep can drop your lap times also. You may be able to free the kart up a little in the corners to make more speed coming off the corners, i kept trying new things and tweaking my chassis and setup until i found what works best for me, and the kart took off like a rocket. It made such an improvement that some of the racers at the track had mentioned they thought i was cheating with a hot motor or something illegal. What i did was just go to the races one weekend and start trying new things, different tires and air, more camber, less camber, more cross, everything added up. Dont be afraid to try new things, you never know what you might figure out. Just print out some of the setup sheets that you see on NoGoats website and write down everything you did when you have a good race so you know whats best for which conditions on that particular track.

No Mr. Pat I have not, I honestly have been copying the same things that everyone is running to put to rest the differences they are telling me. For example, the first week we raced I had a predator from Harbor Freight on mine, truely box stock. We got lapped then, the tech man after the races (the same one that told me I could run it, and the only reason I bought it) tells me after the race that I could no longer run it because it was to big. I laughed because I just got lapped in a 10 lap race and my motor was to big. Anyway, I bought the blueprinted motor, and ran better the next week. So the following week we get lapped again, I talked to a few people who told me I needed the yellow Vegas, that was the new reason, my Maxxis Blue and Pinks were not good enough. I have refreshed the motor and put all new bearings in the kart, had the kart re-scaled along with the new tires and prep, same results. I have been at the track just ablout every week and they threaten to tear the top 3 karts down after the races to make sure the playing field is equal. However the only time they checked anthing, they walked up with a flashlight and shined the clutches and the restrictor plates to see what color they were, never turned a bolt.

hmmm... not sure about the tech thing. does the track have a legit tech guy? or just someone who eyballs everything? if hes legit id expect a tear down. otherwise hes not doing his job. or maybe he is? idk... but just checking plates and clutch types is about all they do with the JR class here. where i run we run for fun. no pay out no tech guy just trophy. however the rumor of cheaters is growing by the week. with 70+ karts every week i kind of expect it. one track we run at we would get scaled after 1 feature and a week later there was nobody at the scales when the races were over and the man was nowhere to be found. tech is strange.

Agreed, It is a new track so they dont want to run anyone off, but in return they are having people leave because of not teching. I guess its danged if you do danged if you dont. Either way I dont see spending $200 to tech someone to win a trophy and $30.00. It really doesnt take but a minute to slide the carb back and make sure the plate has not been altered.

Back