Tires always seem to fall off early...

Al- I'm just going to say it was all in the tires and has been for awhile. The motor is fine, jetted correctly with the correct plug and dyno tuned by the builder to peak HP/TQ. When we get the tires right, it flies, when we miss the tires its slow. Plain and simple. ;)
That's great! Not often you hear that the factory set up is perfect. Even, apparently, no matter what tire you put on it. Apparently, tires are much more important than I thought.

You are definitely too hard on tires. 75cc is not enough. 100-120cc is where you need to be. If you have tires too soft the kart will break lose. If tires are too hard they will typically push and not make speed.

You are definitely too hard on tires. 75cc is not enough. 100-120cc is where you need to be. If you have tires too soft the kart will break lose. If tires are too hard they will typically push and not make speed.
Thanks Chris- I was using the new Kryptonite for all my tires this year. I think I like it but definitely need to use more, is it very aggressive? How much is too much for racing here in the SE?

Thanks Chris- I was using the new Kryptonite for all my tires this year. I think I like it but definitely need to use more, is it very aggressive? How much is too much for racing here in the SE?

Its no more aggressive than anything else out there. Running Jrs I would never roll less than 100cc and most cases i think you could get by with 125cc. Judging by the tracks Id say a 46-48 tire should be the hardest thing you will need.

Its no more aggressive than anything else out there. Running Jrs I would never roll less than 100cc and most cases i think you could get by with 125cc. Judging by the tracks Id say a 46-48 tire should be the hardest thing you will need.
Noted! Thank you!

Back