Tires and stagger

Backyardkarter

I've done a bunch of reading and still having a hard time trying to figure out the correct rim width to match tire size . I'm trying to decide which tires and rim width I need to be running and stagger. Currently have a set of Maxxis 12x9x6. 11x6 And a set of Burris SS22 11x8.10. 11x6. Only have 1 set of rims. So looking at getting a full set up and even possibly a set Vegas yellows. Picture is dimensions of our track. Running a clone and 206 on a legend chassis and a Jackyl.

Attachments

• IMG_9344.jpg
    IMG_9344.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 33
Asphalt ?
10" on the rights .
what are your lefts now ?
The back spacing can change with rim width on the lefts .

Dirt track. LR 11x6x6 LF 11x5x6. Rights are 11x8.10x6 these are whats currently on the kart.

I have a set of Maxxis pinks 12x9x6 for the rights and a 11x6x6 for LR.

Current rims are

LF 7x6 2.5 back space
LR. 8x6. 3.25 back space
RF 9.75x6 3.25 back space
RR 10x6 4 back space

What others have said and:

Rim width nets out to wider rim stiffer sidewall.

A wider rim will "generally" reduce the diameter of the tire.

Butt: Since with most dirt oval racing left rear grip is used to do various things around the track reducing the left rear with a wider rim will also usually reduce grip.
I hope i'm quoting this correctly.

Sidewall stiffness goes with how hard the track is, harder track stiffer sidewall.
Air pressure goes with grip, less grip less air pressure.
Tire compound goes with how abrasive the track is, the more abrasive the harder the tire.

Nowhere in the above was stagger mentioned to set how tires work.
Stagger is set for how your going to or need to 'use' your tires.
In other words a stagger change changes your ability to do things all around the track per available hp, your speed and what grip is available.

What is the correct LF tire size? Can I run 11x6x6 on left and 12x9x6 on rights. Or do I need to be running a 11x5 LF. Everyone says LF can be anything.

Back