Tires blistering

jr1class. tires looked grainy after run if that makes sense, After talking to some other guys I believe i had to much air, the medium and heavy guys was on about 3 pounds less then what i had my son on.
Jr1, depending on the track, usually are about 3 lbs more air than Heavy.
Now if track isnt good, or very soft, then 3 lbs. is pushing it.

That makes sense. New project for the weekend, flip some tires.
The tread surface now feels more like the surface of a pool table than the usual smooth slick tire surface. We will get through tomorrow’s race thennsee what we can do. Probably about ready for a new set.

That makes sense. New project for the weekend, flip some tires.
The tread surface now feels more like the surface of a pool table than the usual smooth slick tire surface. We will get through tomorrow’s race thennsee what we can do. Probably about ready for a new set.
Are you grinding/sanding your tires ?

My impression is the tire looking like a pool table felt is good .
Slick glass smooth and shiny is not so good .

The loose off was pretty much the same all the race. She thought she was coming into the corner good. At the halfway mark out she couldn’t hold it low, looked like 4 wheel drift coming off. At the very end of the corner she was drifting sideways. She started in 14th place in the feature and made her way to 4th. She was running faster than the third place kart but couldn’t stay with him off the corners. Every time she got beside him to pass he would swerve into her, so to save the kart she backed off and stayed in 4th place. So it was hard to tell how it handled the last 4 laps because she slowed down at that point. The other guy got a black flag warning. But yes the kart handled about the same the entire race. Her kart died in the heat race so she didn’t get much of an idea on handleling early in the night.
And the surface of the tires don’t have the smooth feel they usually do, they have a rough texture.
14th to 4th and passing for 3rd i don't see the issue here... Scale it note where you are buy some new tires and make small adjustments.

My impression is the tire looking like a pool table felt is good .
Slick glass smooth and shiny is not so good .
If there just fuzzed up and you race them when the tire and pressure matches the track right they will smooth right up, That tells ya something ;)

Thanks for the information! This weekend we are going to flip the tires and go to a lower air pressure. Friday night we got rained out. They were able to run the heat race, she drew the back and finished in second. She is running great this year so far. It will be hard for her to catch the number 1 or 2 karts, those guys are fast! But if I can get her under control coming off the turns she will definitely be up there with them. From center out she is running high, then gets loose at the end. We are not sure if she is getting s 4 wheel drift coming off or if it is pushing, she just says she can’t hold it low. We will get her there, I was just curious on the way the tires looked.
I put her on the scales today to check where we are at. Before I got a chance to make any changes she decided to see if she could start it herself from the seat. She could. Now I need a new scale for the left rear.

one thing you said that no one touched on "tires were squealing" too soft of tire if you have to run 7 and 8lbs of air chances are your tires are shot for 2 year old pinks buy a new set and start over with them id lower left to about 53 and work from there

Yes when ours were squealing, there was always a problem .
Won't turn , isn't fast enough , it's pushing :cry:
Seems like always in third place too!

Races are rained out this week. She was at a track meet late, then we had a hard freeze so we skipped our weekly shop night. Next tine we have a chance we’re going to sand the tires and flip the right rear. I might take a look at our spare left rear and see what it looks like.

Back