Tires coming off bead during race

OK Just making sure because if only one side beads and you remove and put back in without unbeading the side that did pop on it will pop off.
I've had similar findings even without removing the tire from the band. It seems that when the 2nd side slams on the bead it moves with so much force that you risk the 1st side coming off of the bead

I've had similar findings even without removing the tire from the band. It seems that when the 2nd side slams on the bead it moves with so much force that you risk the 1st side coming off of the bead
I'll have to keep an eye on this when I bead them up. There is definitely a lot of force when that second side pops. Sometimes the whole wheel/tire and tire band jumps a little.

I'll have to double check my air gauge with another to rule that out.

I was also wondering about track conditions and my setup. If the track was really rubbered up and had a bunch of grip in it and I had a push/tight condition where my kart was hopping in the turns could the amount of force being placed on the right side tires have contributed to the failure.
Absolutely. That's exactly when you would expect to see this problem. BUT, you still have to solve the problem (the track could end up being like this next weekend as well.) Fix the handling issues and I suspect that new tires will be fine on the wheels you have.
When the track rubbers up hard like that -- start going way up on air...AND more split.

Absolutely. That's exactly when you would expect to see this problem. BUT, you still have to solve the problem (the track could end up being like this next weekend as well.) Fix the handling issues and I suspect that new tires will be fine on the wheels you have.
When the track rubbers up hard like that -- start going way up on air...AND more split.
How high up would you suggest going up on air? And how much of a split? Champ Kart so I usually start at 12 and 10.

He's on asphalt.
We've ran Vegas on syrup for years and never ripped one off the bead, running a lot lower air pressure than the 12lbs he was running.

I never has that happen on a RF with any tire or wheel brand even with my high power UAS engines on dirt ovals or asphalt ovals but I do not run champs though. I have not had thoze issues on my high power KZ shifter or my wankel even when not running bead locks.

He's on asphalt.
We've ran Vegas on syrup for years and never ripped one off the bead, running a lot lower air pressure than the 12lbs he was running.
My thoughts exactly. Seems to me if your going to push one off the bead the coke syrup track would be my first guess.

I never has that happen on a RF with any tire or wheel brand even with my high power UAS engines on dirt ovals or asphalt ovals but I do not run champs though. I have not had thoze issues on my high power KZ shifter or my wankel even when not running bead locks.
Bead locks would be my move . Never having used them though .
Still dnf is not what any one wants , especially with a crash involved .

I've used black silicone to seal a slight leak, and after tires were shot and I broke the bead to dismount, they were tougher to break the bead.

Pavement road course guys with bigger HP run beadlock screws, same with winged outlaw cage karts. We have them in stock. They are illegal in most oval kart sanctioning bodies though.

He's on asphalt.
Yea, I know...that's why we're grasping at straws to figure out why he's pulling tires off the beads. If the car is hopping, I could see the RR coming off the bead, but it would have to be something fierce to do that to a RF. (picturing a bucking bronco)
Like you, we've run much lower air on very high grip tracks and not seen his issue -- and with the same brand tires and wheels.

This is the 2nd incident of this happening on pavement, that I know, of here in the northeast. Never heard of it before, running Vegas for many years.

Last edited:
I could see that with some of my older Outlaw wheels. They don’t have that good back cuts on the bead like my Q+ do. That’s interesting 🤔

Found this post while digging through the forums as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-085442.png
    Screenshot_20210727-085442.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 38
Ive always had to work like hell to dismount and mount vegas. I'm going with it wasn't seated up all the way or you got something bad wrong on the setup. I always let the air all the way out after and check its all the way out. That black smooth finish may not be as great for holding a tire as a machined finish.

Back