tires for long race

logger315

looking at doing a 100+ lap show on a 1/5th mile tack has burris only rule what tires would be the best to use with out tires giving up ty

I see your in NY so your most likely on 33's because Dry slick not much bite, 100 laps under those conditions I would add 5 oz internal and roll outside 15 min with LS 4 or something comparable a week before the race, then wipe at the track until they were down in the high 40's, but only if I knew Juiced 55's would hook up you chance running on prep for like 5 laps and they never fire because not enough grip to work any heat in them and you'll be JUNK, If properly prepped 55's were ever tried and did not hook up then I would just get on a little harder set of 33's.

Good Luck !!

You need a good internal roll for 100 laps on Burris, I would go with 3-4oz LS3 if its low bite or dry slick, or 3-4 oz of LS1 if track has decent bite, and wipe with LS2 externally.

If it's in Ny you don't need to worry bout Decent bite lol !!, LS 2 will not be Aggressive enough. By the way I'm not saving LS 4 INSIDE, use an Internal prep don't be affraid of 5 oz heck I got sets with 7 + oz in them.

I dont know anything about NY tracks, what I said was just a suggestion, we run Burris here also and what I suggested is what I would be on for what he described. If your gonna be racing in cooler weather, definitely go with more internal and an aggressive external. I wouldn't hesitate to try 5oz LS3 internal and LS4 outside if you know its gonna be cool/cold and low bite or slick

for that long of a race I suggest doing a 2 wipes of Venom Black Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, let set Thursday and Friday. Then right before you go out put one coat on. New rubber scuffed with no prep in them before hand. Probably 2012 date code. .40-.50 rubber. Punching 58-62. If you have any questions feel free to call.

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,
812-447-3306

58-62 on low-no bite will get you in the back, epecially without having some type of internal work

58-62 on low-no bite will get you in the back, epecially without having some type of internal work

Agreed if your talking 55's He would be total JUNK heck 58 to 62 with no internal is to hard for 90% of the day races here with good bite, Now if your talking 33's I could see that working but not everyone has an older date code and hard to find 3's punching that hard.

the 55s do have internal prep how i got them down to 48-50 ish just dont know what was used but id guess a trac tac product since the gentleman i had roll them nows that all i have for prep program my 33s are not much softer but never have any internal prep

the 55s do have internal prep how i got them down to 48-50 ish just dont know what was used but id guess a trac tac product since the gentleman i had roll them nows that all i have for prep program my 33s are not much softer but never have any internal prep

If your gonna try the 33's don't put any internal in them.

I was talking 33's I'm not sure about 55's in New York. To hard for no bite in my opinion!

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,
812-447-3306

Back