Tires for Sit up sprint Open?

Looking for suggestions for Sit Up sprint Open Enduro. Prefer 6" diameter
The last time we ran that class, it was with a stock KT100, pipe engine at Sears point. We ran Bridgestone's. Not the biggest, the next size down. Not the softest, the next one up. We had the pressures at 28 psi. The kart we built for that race was as narrow as we could make it and still be legal. The seat was as low as we could make it and laid back as far as we could go legally. Gearing is kinda critical with that kind of racing, we didn't run the lowest or the highest ratio. We led every lap. All the way around the track, except the last one, driver error. Long story.

Wind resistance is very important in that type of racing!!

Looking for suggestions for Sit Up sprint Open Enduro. Prefer 6" diameter

Where will you be running? How much temperature a tire builds will help determine what compound, and even what brand, works best at your particular track.
Generally, either Vegas or Hoosiers would be my choice.
The R60B is a good tire that a lot of guys are running currently.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Compu-kart might have some good input, Tim?
If you're talking about a CIK chassis, we have very good results with MG Yellows on Tag's, shifters and even our 206's. But those are 5", 7'10's and 4.50's.
Clark Sr.

Let me know where you plan to race at. What engine and what chassis. Most sprint enduro guys are running the 6 inch Vega Green's or whites. The whites are softer. Or the Hoosier R60's or R60B's. The B's are softer.

I mainly run sprint enduro Animal and depending on track conditions and temperature I've run all the tires mentioned above at one time or another. Rims width will make a difference also. I've used 5 all the way to 6.5 inch wide rims depending on how the chassis handles. Usually you will want to go with a wider rim to free the kart up if feels bound up.

I just saw your other post on the big block. Blackhawk in August you will probably want to run the R60 or Vega Green. It will be hot and pretty gripped up then.

I'll be there if you want to talk. I'll have the white, red, and black camo themed kart running the Animal class.

Chad

Last edited:
Thanks Clark,
We have been running the Vega Blues with our Sit-Up big blocks in Open Sprint. They have been very grippy for us in the 12-15 psi range. We tried running 8 psi and it snapped around on us on turn one at Roebling Road. So far no wear issues. We did run Vega Whites a few years ago and corded the left front at the same track. Front end had about 1/8 camber or less.

Back