Tires over winter

Curious what thoughts are on what to do with tires over the winter in the north. I run Burris 33s and Hoosier D10-D20s. Some are new, some are a few years old. Real estate indoors is a tough commodity so is it okay to leave them in the garage or will that degrade performance? Thanks 👍

Its worse on them in outside temps. That said mine were outside in the trailer most of the time . If You Have any real good sets you can double bag them to keep odors down .
Clean and wipe with a conditioner.
Try to keep them from big temp swings and the sun.

Curious what thoughts are on what to do with tires over the winter in the north. I run Burris 33s and Hoosier D10-D20s. Some are new, some are a few years old. Real estate indoors is a tough commodity so is it okay to leave them in the garage or will that degrade performance? Thanks 👍
wondering this same thing yesterday

Don't over think it, do what kj26 does to maintain stagger, store in trailer or outside shed, or in garage, If they were already wiped with prep OR need prepped to use next season wipe them once a month with Hot Lap or any hard track, high bite prep

I prefer to keep tires inside in moderate temperatures (no big temp swings and definitely not below freezing.) the tire companies spend big buck on climate controlled temps for their warehouses -- it's not by accident that they are spending that money. There are plasticizers in our synthetic blend tires (you know how plastic gets when it's frozen.)
Wrap them in saran wrap, place them in black trash bags and seal them up. Pull them out in spring, refinish them and starting wiping prep.

For guys that want to put some oils back in their tires, we offer a product called Pink Panther Thick Formula which really rejuvenates old dry rubber.
Wipe it on heavy in the fall, and it'll still be oily when you take them outta the bag in spring.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I prefer to keep tires inside in moderate temperatures (no big temp swings and definitely not below freezing.) the tire companies spend big buck on climate controlled temps for their warehouses -- it's not by accident that they are spending that money. There are plasticizers in our synthetic blend tires (you know how plastic gets when it's frozen.)
Wrap them in saran wrap, place them in black trash bags and seal them up. Pull them out in spring, refinish them and starting wiping prep.

For guys that want to put some oils back in their tires, we offer a product called Pink Panther Thick Formula which really rejuvenates old dry rubber.
Wipe it on heavy in the fall, and it'll still be oily when you take them outta the bag in spring.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thank you for conditioner specifics! I will heed your advice and bring my tires inside. Does pink panther thick have a foul or pleasant odor? I have about 50-60 tires I want to keep fresh, mainly pinks blues, els, and 33's. A lot are off wheels. I plan to wipe periodically vs wrapping too

Thank you for conditioner specifics! I will heed your advice and bring my tires inside. Does pink panther thick have a foul or pleasant odor? I have about 50-60 tires I want to keep fresh, mainly pinks blues, els, and 33's. A lot are off wheels. I plan to wipe periodically vs wrapping too
I wouldn't say it is "foul", but it definitely can smell strong at first (like an auto body shop.) Once you wrap the tires and seal them up in a black trash bag though, you won't smell them.

Back