Tires

If I have a new set of yellow vegas, and raceday is 2 ten lap practices,10 lap heat, and 20 lap feature..Should I just run the new tires allday? Or scuff them first practice,put on old tires and save them for feature?? Just curious what you other guys do...thanks

Heat cycle them in the first practice, 5 slow, 5 at speed laps. Run the old set 2nd round. Then it’s up to you on what set you want to run the rest of the day, but I’m guessing he’s going to say the new ones feel better.

It's too late to roll them internally, otherwise that would help with speed through several heat cycles.
I'd say to scuff your new ones lightly in practice, but don't get them hot or abuse them at all.
Depending on car count and importance of finish in your heat race, choose the set that accomplishes what you need (better finish vs saving tires.)
Bolt new ones up for your feature, and keep the tires under you for the whole race -- do not use them up early on. Yellows don't like to be abused and get hot easily, then go away.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back