Tires

FlickN57

I’m always looking for tire tips. Can anyone give me tips on how to get my tires to fire off and stick good? The track I race at is Burris only. I usually use 33As

I’m always looking for tire tips. Can anyone give me tips on how to get my tires to fire off and stick good? The track I race at is Burris only. I usually use 33As
What Track? and are your tires cut for that track? Each individual track has at a minimum 3 different prep tire combos for different track conditions. if this is confusing Welcome to Dirt karting

Honestly this is not a good place for this question to be asked. Every track has different dirt. So you may get an answer from somebody across the country which will only take you backwards. You need to talk to people at the track you are racing at. Preferably guys that don't race in the class you are in. There may be a guy at your track that has his own line of preps. If that is the case I would go to him first. There is no prep out there that works perfect at every track across the board. I know in the Midwest Carlson Motorsports has pretty much been all over. He carries a prep line and will get you in the right direction.

Thanks for the referral, JanGaLanG.
Not only have I been all over the midwest, but all across the country. :) I've seen/raced more dirt tracks (big cars and karts) than probably anyone, so I know a little about tracks from coast to coast. AND, we have customers coast to coast, so if I haven't been to your track personally, we likely have customers running there. I'd say this is somewhat true with most of the prep guys that are on here supporting racers. I'm fairly certain that none will purposely steer you wrong. If they don't know about your track, they would say so. With that said, any reputable prep guy can help you out.

Our prep line is easy to use and understand. Simple and effective!
With Burris, you'll primarily use two products: Our Black Bite 2.0 to add bite without softening, and our Monster Bite to add a ton of bite and soften 2-3 points per wipe. Those are the only two you should need, unless you are needing some internal for your 33s (which is kinda rare.)
If you need more bite, wipe more coats. Less bite - less coats. Use the Monster Bite as a PRW right before going to the grid and it won't have time to lower the duro.

Any other questions, please feel free to give us a call at the shop during regular business hours or drop me a message on here, our Facebook page, or through email.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Honestly this is not a good place for this question to be asked. Every track has different dirt. So you may get an answer from somebody across the country which will only take you backwards. You need to talk to people at the track you are racing at. Preferably guys that don't race in the class you are in. There may be a guy at your track that has his own line of preps. If that is the case I would go to him first. There is no prep out there that works perfect at every track across the board. I know in the Midwest Carlson Motorsports has pretty much been all over. He carries a prep line and will get you in the right direction.
This is the perfect place to ask his question

The track I race at only allows Burris. 33's are the most commonly used and best to be used at this track. Occasionally 55's.
I should have elaborated more , I saw it was Burris only and 99 %.or the time 33s, it's not that easy just use a 33 tire, we race the 33 game here running 2 different series, and 1 Friday night points program from 1 to 4 different classes depending who all races a particular event, between us all we have 45 sets of 33s and 10 sets of 55s, 1 set of 22s,
4 sets of 11s, that range from 2016s to 2022s to be prepared for ever changing track conditions, when I say pick the right tire in the first place it's pick the right set of 33s prepared properly for track condition when you roll out, which can vary from a soaked set with aggressive prep, a set wiped with med but only at home never at the track, a set wiped with bite only at home never at the track, a set wipped with medium prep at the track, sets never wiped but could be fresh 2022s never raced, could be a set 2022s more cured, could be 2021s from late last year, could be 2021s from early last year, could be 2020s, could be 2019s, could even be 2018s you see where I'm going with this MANY variations of 33s out of our 45 sets were probably prepared for like 16 different circumstances, there are lot's of details to apply when picking the right set for that time.

^ And Ken didn't even mention the infinite number of different profiles and tread thicknesses the contact patch can be cut to.
When working with a thick rubber tire (Burris 33s) you have LOTS of opportunity to work that tire to be what you need it to be. But with that also comes a trailer full of tires all worked differently to cover as many different situations as you can.
Picking the "right" 4 tires to bolt on the kart at the appropriate time can be a challenge (especially for beginners) to say the least.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back