Titanium parts

I shaved almost 8 lbs via Titanium and Aluminum hardware,
you had 20 pounds of hardware (nuts and bolts) before switching to TI/aluminum?
Also:
(quoted from a fastener website)
Accordingly, if you need to replace 8.8 strength bolts, then make sure you are using the strongest and best Ti bolts you can get. DO NOT replace 10.9 or 12.9 bolts with Ti.
If you are substituting any "steel alloy" socket head screws ("Allen head") with TI, you are using weaker, inferior strength fasteners. Aluminum is worse yet.
Strength to weight ratio is deceiving.

you had 20 pounds of hardware (nuts and bolts) before switching to TI/aluminum?
Also:
(quoted from a fastener website)

If you are substituting any "steel alloy" socket head screws ("Allen head") with TI, you are using weaker, inferior strength fasteners. Aluminum is worse yet.
Strength to weight ratio is deceiving.
Sorry I should have added, that included carbon floor pans, brake rotor guard, clutch guard, and a few other pieces.

You dont need grade 8 bolts to hold a floor pan on….

Try "Race Bolts". They are chrome-moly tubing, threaded, with a welded cap nut. Considered grade 5. As much as 50% lighter than a comparable bolt in some sizes.
If you have time on your hands, "gun drill", all your standard bolts. Shed about 30% weight, making good use of your time. And use a counter sink bit on the head of a standard bolt to lighten without loosing any strength of the fastener.

Best, WP

We "Chop House Race Products" are a dealer for TI 64 in Hanover, PA and I would be happy to help anyone out if the they need any TI fastner kits for their kart or any other application for that matter.
chophouserp@gmail.com
Jason Emlet 717-476-9033

Back