To: FULLOFQUESTIONS

paulkish

old fart
Your questions of:

1. What chemicals do what?
2. Axle bearing location-axle pinned left or right?
3, etc.. I ain't going to copy them all down here...

... All deal with connecting the COG(center of gravity) to the track, via the kart and on to each tire.

IMHO, there all good questions. The answer for any of them you can easily decide for yourself and so can I and anyone else, with the correct thought process. >My thought process>> ... :)

The answer to each question and any part of each question is the same, and me being such a kind person will give the answer below:

What each and every thing does is either make a better connection between the COG and each tire or cause a weaker connection between the COG and each tire.

... If you would like me to define how my logic looks at the difference between a better connection and a weaker connection, you might want to ask another question. ... :)

I see your namesake is FULLOFQUESTIONS, so I don't think it's beyond you to ask. ... :)

edit: The answer involves a rubber band, not a symphony orchestra.

edit again: Ok so as to not confuse you, I can explain it in terms of tuning a Kettle drum if you like.

Hey Paul,
I am trying to post simple questions, Questions that karters could learn a lot from. Karts are so sensitive today and there are so many adjustments. I do have my own opinions and know a lot of the answers, at least I think I do from experience. But! I figure for example changing the rake. If everyone adds there input we all can learn a lot. In the future if someone does a search for something about RAKE, hopefully my post will appear and it should have all good stuff to read about.

That's cool with me, I know better now where your coming from. Hope you don't mind my bs if I do answer some of them. And thinking back all of what you posted has been hashed out years ago on here. But this ain't years ago and all the hash or at least a lot of it, did get eaten up with the mashed potatoes awhile back.

Back