To race or not to race

two

I’m a Bigger guy. I ain’t ran in a few years. But now with my weight and a newer kart we would come across around the 450/460 mark. They have a sumo class but it’s only 425. I’m short 5’ 7” I’m not broad in the shoulders but most of my weight is my gut. I have the beer gut look. And no I don’t drink lol. But My question is would I be wasting time giving thag much weight up its clone akra and would it gift if I mount the seat different to accommodate my belly. If I mount at normal heights and stuff my gut is hitting steering wheel. I plan on trying to lose weight but we know how that works. Thanks

I did a class a few years ago that I organized called Super Sumo , it was a class where the drivers had to weigh 250# minimum . I had several guys that went out and got karts just to run the 1 race I did . I ended up with 12 racers I think , including myself , and we had a blast . Every one of them thanked me for doing that , just for the bigger racers . I suggest you seek out other racers of the same stature , and create a similar class at your local tracks . You can do the class rules how you want , and have fun ! And yes , get out and freakin race dude ! Have fun , and good luck !!

Ok next question is how bad is it going effect the kart with the seat. Cause I’m prolly gonna have to have steering wheel up high as I can and seat alittle bit higher in back or pulled back some to accommodate the belly. Lol

Got the opportunity to run a umax rival or a charger prodigy or the prodigy cadet. What be best for low to no bite I know it’s tire game but which would be easiest to make alittle faster. And on times I ain’t running a buddy will be and he’s about same night just weights about 180. I know we will have to switch seats and re set everything. Which be best fit

You might want to look at a stiffer type chassis, your weight will help with traction. Your don't want to bind up a lighter clone chassis. I raced RWYB with a bigger guy , he was fast and stuck to the bottom of the track. You had to pass him on the outside. Just go have fun

I definitely would not get a cadet .
I would go with the rival mostly because I never have ran one . But it's a good chassis from what I've seen and heard .

Your gut is going to stick out of the seat unsupported so your ab muscles are going to get wrenched and where you do touch the seat it's going to be extra impact.

Back