Toe and height setup

JMW Racer

First time setting up an older umax kart for dirt oval. Manuals from umax don’t show diagrams for certain instructions like squaring the chassis. Should toe be set to 1/8” out on both front wheels or just the left front?

I also need some advice on spacing spindles on king pin. Should both left front and right front be equally spaced or should the right be lowered by the amount of stagger to keep the kart level?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Hope to get this kart on the track soon.

If you use toe out you would only toe out one side which can be the LF or RF. Spacing on washers depends on how much cross your set up requires, it's good to run them as equal as possible, you don't move spacing based on stagger worrying about keeping kart level.
Which U-Max chassis do you have ? How big is the track your racing ?

Good to know that I shouldn’t worry about keeping cart level. I don’t yet have a way to check weight percentages. But I’m looking to find someone who can assist. Also had the idea of purchasing 4 low cost bathroom scales. Is that crazy?

I found the following setup sheet for my 2002 Blaze chassis:

http://ultramaxracing.com/DOWNLOAD-1/SET-UP-SHEETS/SET-UP-SHEET-02-BLAZE.pdf

Do you know which of the classes listed would be closest to a stock out of box Predator light if medium class? Good thing that the settings listed don’t change that much. Track is 0.2 mile dirt oval.

Good to know that I shouldn’t worry about keeping cart level. I don’t yet have a way to check weight percentages. But I’m looking to find someone who can assist. Also had the idea of purchasing 4 low cost bathroom scales. Is that crazy?

I found the following setup sheet for my 2002 Blaze chassis:

http://ultramaxracing.com/DOWNLOAD-1/SET-UP-SHEETS/SET-UP-SHEET-02-BLAZE.pdf

Do you know which of the classes listed would be closest to a stock out of box Predator light if medium class? Good thing that the settings listed don’t change that much. Track is 0.2 mile dirt oval.
Use Stock medium set up with little less RF neg camber, Keep the cross at 64 % .

bathroom scales are a great place to start. for a few dollars more, 4 400lb postal scales will also do the trick

Back