Too Close

Bob Evans

Administrator
Just had a tornado almost spin up on top of us about 45 minutes ago. Luckily it didn't quite make it to the ground.
We had cell phones beeping, warnings on TV, and tornado sirens all going off at the same time. All in all, we had 10 to 15 minutes warning.
I do believe we have about the best weather warning and tracking system in the country

Yeah, went to sleep last night with tornado sirens going off, woke up this morning with sirens going off.
They got so much rain up north that the Corp of Engineers is going to have to flood some of the low lying communities below Lake Keystone.

Glad to hear you're ok, Bob.

Lucas Oil Speedway (in Missouri) got hit with a tornado. Some race teams and fans were there when it hit - few injuries but nothing life threatening from what I heard.

Praying for all those affected.

Brian Carlson & family

Yeah, went to sleep last night with tornado sirens going off, woke up this morning with sirens going off.
They got so much rain up north that the Corp of Engineers is going to have to flood some of the low lying communities below Lake Keystone.
We are having the worst flooding on record down steam from you guys and the river is not expected to crest until Sunday.

We are having the worst flooding on record down steam from you guys and the river is not expected to crest until Sunday.
It's supposed to be a hundred year flood. Like all the tornado's weren't bad enough.
The Army Corp is releasing 250,000 cu. ft of water per second starting yesterday evening, haven't done that since the mid 80's, and the 40's before that.

Pocola, you guys dodged a bullet with those two runaway barges at Weber Falls, right? I hope the spill gates are OK where the barges hit the dam, they say they are, hope they're right.

It's supposed to be a hundred year flood. Like all the tornado's weren't bad enough.
The Army Corp is releasing 250,000 cu. ft of water per second starting yesterday evening, haven't done that since the mid 80's, and the 40's before that.

Pocola, you guys dodged a bullet with those two runaway barges at Weber Falls, right? I hope the spill gates are OK where the barges hit the dam, they say they are, hope they're right.
They say they are, waiting for the water to go down to really be able to check.

To put this in perspective, at the Keystone dam, northwest of Tulsa, they are now releasing 275,000 cu ft per second,
The estimates are that water is entering the lake at 290,000 cu ft per second.

Water over the American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls at Niagara Falls totals around 100,000 cu ft per second

That's a lot of water.

Back