Tools/Spare Parts

rswiggart

Hello all,
I have been recently buying some "Karting only" tools. I also have been purchasing spare parts as well.
What is a tool or spare part you always make sure you have when racing.

Or if someone wants to go the extra mile and list every single tool or part that would be awesome.

Thank you,
Ryan

A quality chain break tool would be high on my list. (Made in USA of course.)
Tire tools: air gauge, durometer, mounting band, dismounting tools, roller and hotbox if you want to get more serious.
I know a shop that stocks/sells all this stuff. ;)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Set of standard and metric wrenches, standard and metric regular, Allen wrenchs, second set or each but T handle, vise grips, a second 3/4 " wrench, Impact gun, extra safety wire clips, extra clutch bolts and key ways, gorilla tape, electrical tape, throttle cable, tri flow, just to add some more basics

Barring kart specific Spindles, Steering Shaft, Nerf bars etc. I have everything in my trailer to build/repair 3 or more karts. Prolly 50 rear gears, 35 Clutch drivers, 10 new chains, Hubs(front and Rear), Sprocket hubs, lead, steering wheel, wolf plate, every nut and bolt a kart needs, you name it its in there. Also my Fire Extinguisher. Oh and also the first thing out of my trailer is usually my own Trash can.

Set of standard and metric wrenches, standard and metric regular, Allen wrenchs, second set or each but T handle, vise grips, a second 3/4 " wrench, Impact gun, extra safety wire clips, extra clutch bolts and key ways, gorilla tape, electrical tape, throttle cable, tri flow, just to add some more basics
Bondhus only. Non of that junk stuff. You will thank yourself later. Regard less of what tools you end up with just make sure they are quality usa, german, Japan and the like made. Sure it cost more now but if you are worried about price you are in the wrong hobby for sure.

Barring kart specific Spindles, Steering Shaft, Nerf bars etc. I have everything in my trailer to build/repair 3 or more karts. Prolly 50 rear gears, 35 Clutch drivers, 10 new chains, Hubs(front and Rear), Sprocket hubs, lead, steering wheel, wolf plate, every nut and bolt a kart needs, you name it its in there. Also my Fire Extinguisher. Oh and also the first thing out of my trailer is usually my own Trash can.
Tight ship or trailer I should say.

Back