Top 5 motor builders?

Hard to pick just a top 5, theres probably like 10, maybe 15 builders who are very good at what they do.
Here are some choices though in no particular order:
KSR - Kevin Smith Racing
Tod Miller
Schu Power - Michael Schumacher
PEC - David Rowland
Hunter Curtis

All these builders engines have won $10,000 to win races this year i believe. They are at the front at every major race in the country.
Theres another builder that Matt Connell uses, Dean Johnson, i believe its JRE.

Hard to pick just a top 5, theres probably like 10, maybe 15 builders who are very good at what they do.
Here are some choices though in no particular order:
KSR - Kevin Smith Racing
Tod Miller
Schu Power - Michael Schumacher
PEC - David Rowland
Hunter Curtis

All these builders engines have won $10,000 to win races this year i believe. They are at the front at every major race in the country.
Theres another builder that Matt Connell uses, Dean Johnson, i believe its JRE.

While NOT dis-counting your credits too 'builders' indicated and attempt too 'credit' more....I think it's unrealistic too give 'motors' TOO-much credit in the 'win' column when the 'Driver' and kart/set-up deserve more. Yes....I build 'engines' too, But....I give 'credits' too the 'Drivers Program' and '0ne' requires the entire package too Win! (This is a 'Beginner's Forum'....Right?)

While NOT dis-counting your credits too 'builders' indicated and attempt too 'credit' more....I think it's unrealistic too give 'motors' TOO-much credit in the 'win' column when the 'Driver' and kart/set-up deserve more. Yes....I build 'engines' too, But....I give 'credits' too the 'Drivers Program' and '0ne' requires the entire package too Win! (This is a 'Beginner's Forum'....Right?)

He didn't ask about the top 5 setup guys or the top 5 tire guys, he specifically asked who the top 5 motor builders were.

At the major races, you know that the top 10 or so drivers in the country will have their tires right, and set ups right, and they can drive as well, that leaves motor.
Why would i even consider anything else when that wasnt asked?

He didn't ask about the top 5 setup guys or the top 5 tire guys, he specifically asked who the top 5 motor builders were.

That's fine! How do you/he determine that? It can't 'necessarily' be done via race winners! (the engine is ONLY a small piece of the puzzle!) Stating 'some of the best' could be more appropriate....IMO

Since you posting in beginners forum I assume your newer to getting going, don't get hung up on any top 5, there's 25 that will give ya a great motor, do you home work locally and get on the phone with the reputable builders and go with whom your comfortable with, since your buying a few spread the love around some, use 2 builders. Don't matter if you got a cheater motor until you figure out the tire game your not going to tech right away.

Good Luck !!

Why so critical , you don't get what he is saying ? I do . I have seen plenty of guys on a home built budget engine , on 3 year old tires and 5-8 year old chassis win some good races against . new equipment . its not always engine in racing .

This is posted in the beginners section . my suggestion for new racers is . find a good used engine and chassis . then some good tires. And get your sat time in , sat time in and oh yes did I mention seat time ? I have seen it all took often a new guy comes to races , watches some karts race . talks to some guys in the pits . a month later he shows up to the track with . the BEST ENGINE BUILDERS "HOUSE ENGINE" a practically brand new chassis , new clutch , new tires and runs in the back all night . then the next day or the night of he is here on Bobs bashing the engine builder , chassis guy , clutch guy , tire guy . but you never here them say hey I have some learning to do with this racing thing . its just hey I bought the best money could buy ..........why didn't I win tonight !?!?!?!?

Seat time seat time seat time

Ty guys. I do understand aboutthe other parts ofthe puzzle. Just trying to see what folks are buying. Bought some new millers andmoons this year. Trying to see who you guys had good luck with. Moons and Millers have done well for us, just trying to see what else was out there.

So where's the "we have racing a bunch and are ready to step it" forum ? Lol.

So where's the "we have racing a bunch and are ready to step it" forum ? Lol.
Reply * Reply With Quote * * * *

The Open / Outlaw threads.....LOL ;) !!

Go with a local builder that will give you the customer support you are looking for. I've seen a lot of small time builders run with the big name engines. I feel that if you win on engine, you probably won't pass tech.

Back