Top 5 motor builders?

Ty guys. I do understand aboutthe other parts ofthe puzzle. Just trying to see what folks are buying. Bought some new millers andmoons this year. Trying to see who you guys had good luck with. Moons and Millers have done well for us, just trying to see what else was out there.

So where's the "we have racing a bunch and are ready to step it" forum ? Lol.
If they have done well for you then stick with them. Maybe just me, but I feel if you have a relationship with a builder he may give some extra detail to your engines, especially if your buying more than one.

Find out who builds engines for Tommy Avery and FlowDaddy racing, they're not too far from PEC and ARC, they do flatheads clones animals ga. stock appearing 14.5 opens and jr. dragster motors.

Last edited:
I been paying around with the Ga. stock appearing class, rules are pretty simple, any clone predator honda or Tillotson block 70mm to plus .010, any cast crank up 56mm no machining or polishing, billet side cover allowed, any jt series head valves are 27 & 25mm springs rockers are open porting and chamber size is open, any cam & lifers, any rod, piston must be factory stock big pin flat top or dished and retain factory numbers or arrow markings on top no machining, any billet flywheel, any small clone type carb with any mod as long as no epoxy is visible inside or outside (tillotson pk 875 gas, we make work on VP M5 is the dominate carb atm), any pipe with open mod muffler. Got a HF hemi block and crank with 14cc clone head with all my magic spread into it making 19.6 hp pulls good up around 9300, lol i need a driver to go win atm.

Hi Tech. By the way even if tires and set up are very important if not the most important good luck showing at a top level race with good tires/setup and an engine built by an amateur local builder instead of a top national builder.

im digging up bones here,but something they leave out is the more motors ya have out in circulation the more chances they have looking like a top builder.lol they are engines allowed only certain modifications,and we live in a country that just happens to be stunningly full of crap with marketing tactics.

Why do you post this when you actually asked me to take your blocks to Hi Tech? Makes no sense to me.
because i found out after the fact. I called hitech several times trying to relay info on my motors. no return calls no answering the phone. after using several different phones (different numbers) The woman finally answered with a "I SAID I"D CALL YOU" and basically hung up. Have heard from several people who know them including you they are slowing down operations.

because i found out after the fact. I called hitech several times trying to relay info on my motors. no return calls no answering the phone. after using several different phones (different numbers) The woman finally answered with a "I SAID I"D CALL YOU" and basically hung up. Have heard from several people who know them including you they are slowing down operations.
I don't know but you just sent blocks. Have you ever had a complete engine built by JT? Otherwise I do not think you can have an opinion about his engines. I know he was getting a house built, that might have slowed down the business, but to me they have always been great. I don't run 4 strokes anymore though.

I've seen all the big names listed. As a new guy in this sport, but no new to racing. I want to work with the guy who is within driving distance when I need something. Lastly, the guy who has 5 minutes to talk on the phone when I have questions.

I don't know but you just sent blocks. Have you ever had a complete engine built by JT? Otherwise I do not think you can have an opinion about his engines. I know he was getting a house built, that might have slowed down the business, but to me they have always been great. I don't run 4 strokes anymore though.
My friend waited a month to receive a spindle they had in stock. He is friends with them and told me the same thing I’m relaying here. I’m sure his motors are good

My friend waited a month to receive a spindle they had in stock. He is friends with them and told me the same thing I’m relaying here. I’m sure his motors are good
Well I never had any issues at all and everything I got from them put me upfront when running 4 strokes and Millennium chassis. Any business is slow at this moment, it has taken me months to get things from many different builders, and right now your only option is being patient or build your own stuff if you can, and that's exactly why I am gonna stick to my 100 cc 2 strokes for dirt and my KT 100 Yamahas for enduro Road Racing.

Back