Top speed gearing

Kart43

P
sprocket.JPG

First it would depend on how close the gearing is before the change as to where and how many you would change, but for the most part If a certain combo as real close and you pull 1 off front you would then pull 3 from the rear, sometimes 4 in cases where track surface is maintaining a lot of momentum.

First it would depend on how close the gearing is before the change as to where and how many you would change, but for the most part If a certain combo as real close and you pull 1 off front you would then pull 3 from the rear, sometimes 4 in cases where track surface is maintaining a lot of momentum.
You need to re read that... lol!

I remember on an old forum from years ago a bunch of guys were talking about welding the spider gears up (aka Lincoln locker) to build a cheap posi for off-roading. Different guys posted their thoughts on it some good some bad and a bunch of guys myself included posted that we have done it and it works fine. After all the pictures and how to’s wouldn’t you know that someone attempted it their selves only to come on bashing people that told him it would work saying his demo car would not move now.............. wait for it. After repeatedly telling him there is no way he could of messed up and we have all done it and it works 100% he is asked to post pics...... I can’t make this up... ring gear and pinion welded up solid. It takes all kinds... sorry to be long winded and completely off topic but that picture made me think of that instantly... funny stuff.

Adding one tooth to the axle gets you off the corner a little faster, but unless you pick up 100 RPM on the top, your speed is a little slower. With the 4-1 gear ratio, about 1 mph.

Back