Track Building

Gunna build a track at home for my kids to get in some practice. Anyone got any suggestions as far as dimensions and shape.

880 feet middle of the track, 20 ft wide, 50-70 feet between straightaways (across the infield) low banking.
or
100 fee long straights, 45 feet across the infield. low banking stock motors.. anything else will just eat up gears. my .o2

I would think the space available would be a big consideration. Building a track comparable to local tracks you'll be running is another.

What type of equipment do you have to maintain the track is another.

What kind of dirt you have is another.

To get a perspective, a 100 foot Diameter circle is 314 feet around (pi times the diameter). Cut that in half, add straights, and you have the length of the track. Down the middle. 880 feet ends up being a pretty big track.

Think about obstacles around the perimeter of the track. Think about containment of an out-of-control kart. Immovable objects, like a tree, can be disastrous to a speeding kart.

880 feet middle of the track, 20 ft wide, 50-70 feet between straightaways (across the infield) low banking.
or
100 fee long straights, 45 feet across the infield. low banking stock motors.. anything else will just eat up gears. my .o2
What about other track configuration will cause gears to be eaten up?

What about other track configuration will cause gears to be eaten up?
too small of a back yard track requires very small driver gear and very large alxe gear.. when you get near a 70 the gear is about the size of a tire... anytime you get in a rough patch or off the track, the gear is likely to impact the ground and cause issues...

Back