Track Directory

Pops90

I think it would be a good idea to create a directory of kart tracks with links and contact information if available. Maybe break up the list based on what state the track is in (maybe even what part of the state for the larger states) and what type of track it is (Dirt vs. Paved vs. Road Course). I think this would help people that are just getting started find places to race.

Thoughts or suggestions?

I didn't know that existed, thanks. Pretty out of date for my area but that can be fixed I suppose, I see where it says to e-mail about adding tracks.

We built a pretty extensive list many years ago -- the biggest problem was keeping it updated as phone numbers, owners, promoters, track names, etc, kept changing constantly.
You'd call a track to ask about information and you'd get a disgruntled ex-wife or ex-girlfriend on the phone who was none to pleased that you were asking about "that." :(

We kept track of what classes were run, premier races, race day & start times, track surface and size, track phone number and address, and probably more.
LOTS and LOTS of hours went into building an accurate list of tracks.
The other problem is that for all the time you invested (and at that time we offered a printed version as well) there was no value in it. People wouldn't give $1 for the information. We used to hand them out for free at swap meets and trade shows and everyone loved them, but again, weren't worth a dollar.

I'd hate to think about all the time and long distance (back then you still paid for LD calls) phone calls we made.
But like the OP, it would sure be nice to have an up to date list of all kart tracks.

Facebook, or even on this site, would make sense if the promoters themselves input and updated all their info. But they won't. A few will, most could care less unfortunately, even if the exposure is free.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Back