Track sealing motors

bullerman

A friend is building a track. He said he is going to run the predators out of the box. We will buy a motor from him already sealed. He said he was going to seal the side cover a d head for sure. I am not a fan of this. I wasqondrri g if any other tracks had tried it and did it work. I did run at one track that did it and I don't feel it worked. Any input appreciated.

I don't believe he will over price them. I would think motor and a few dollars for the seals. If he tries to make money off the motors that won't work. Just be reasonable about it.
It might work. I still like the rpm rule thing but he doesn't so we will see.

I raced at a track a few years ago that did this, everyone seemed to really like it and thought it was fair. The track kept the engines and you drew a pill when you got there for engine choice.

We are doing a sealed "out of the box" program at two local tracks this season. I am personally installing heavy duty, numbers seals on both the side cover the valve cover. 5600 RPM max rule, .031 max jet size AND if you are caught doing anything outside of the rules, you are suspended from the class for the remainder of the season. Between the two tracks I have sealed 56 engines to date, we are yet to race at either track due to COVID-19 restrictions. If anyone besides me is counting that is 168 bolts that I have drilled. $140 dollar claimer rule applies. Curious to see how it works out for us.

Meracer9. Is the 5600 rpm rule the stand? Do you sell the .motors already sealed or how does that work. My buddy is wanting to sell the motors sealed which I don't have a problem with.
My friends sons races the predator. Saturday night he ran a out of the box predator to see what it would do with the one with big pipes. They are supposed to be stock except for the pipe and 18lb valve springs( which makes no sense but their rules). He started 8th in the feature and finished second. Said he couldn't tell that much difference in the motors. I would really like to get the class going. Let me know what you can. I love watching the DNQ series on you tube.

Meracer9. Is the 5600 rpm rule the stand? Do you sell the .motors already sealed or how does that work. My buddy is wanting to sell the motors sealed which I don't have a problem with.
My friends sons races the predator. Saturday night he ran a out of the box predator to see what it would do with the one with big pipes. They are supposed to be stock except for the pipe and 18lb valve springs( which makes no sense but their rules). He started 8th in the feature and finished second. Said he couldn't tell that much difference in the motors. I would really like to get the class going. Let me know what you can. I love watching the DNQ series on you tube.
Ive heard the story from my local track, which previously and currently runs predators with no gov., 10.8 spring, jet swap, and header and muffler. They went back to the "out of the box" predator setup and everyone quit running predators. I don't know if that's just this area or a racer's protest, but they went back to the current rule set and the class now has 20 karts weekly.

Yes, I don't know if it would work here or not. I believe some don't think of it as a race motor if it isn't making noise. I don't know if you would actually have more power by just putting the pipe and muffler on over stock
Maybe so. I have asked about it on here. It seems like the predator motors start falling off at 4900 or so. With the stock cam I don't know if the pipe would really make that much difference. Hopefully he can come up with something where he will have a good kart count. They had a good predator count last week. Their rules are you can run a top plate and fuel pump. Pipe and muffler of your choice. 18lb valve springs. Everything else is supposed to be stock. The two tracks that I would run use these rules. At the moment I am running a clone but I do have a new Hemi in the box.

5600 RPM is on the stand, checked using a track provided tach and lead, done with the throttle being opened from the pedal. I did the sealing process voluntarily this season for the club. In 2021 I will not be doing it again, at least not voluntarily anyway!

See rules below:

212cc Hemi or Non Hemi, Track approved and sealed, OEM out of the box (Box Stock
Predator) with max jet size of .031”
● RPM rule on the governor
● RPM will be checked with a tach of the tracks choosing
● RPM max 5600
● An engine that is over the rpm mark will be disqualified. Arguing with us over what's
legal and what's not will not be tolerated. The governors must kick in when checked.
● You must finish behind the person you are wanting to claim.
● Claim fee of $140.00
● The governor must be connected and operational
● The air filter must be a stock unit. The air filter and sock must be installed per factory. All holes
to the air box must be plugged.
● The engine must have a key installed by factory in the flywheel.
● You must run factory gas tank
● You may disconnect vent tube on tank
● Gas cap may be drilled to prevent vapor locked. Multiple holes allowed.
● Stock OEM Exhaust system as from factory. No swapping of parts allowed!!
● You may disconnect throttle stop screw
● You can only bolt on a chain guard and throttle hook up attachment, no other aftermarket parts
allowed!!
● You can disconnect wire used for oil sensor and tape it.
● If the engine is found illegal for ANY reason OTHER than the 5600 RPM rule you will be
suspended from the class for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
We run a sealed Predator class at 2 Brothers Raceway that is sponsored by Doles Automotive and Racing Parts , which is our track parts man . He does all the work on them and seals them , sends the carbs out to have a little work done to them , made up the rule set , and takes care of them . You can get the engines race ready ( $275 ) , or without the clutch guard and pipe . There is a claimer rule and if you have a engine issue , he gives you a new engine and takes the old one back . The track had to close last year , hence why I am running it this year , but he had 30 something engines already sold . I am running his class and an Out of the Box Predator classes ( PRO ) this year .
PRO - Predator Racing Organization

I think eventually tracks will seal, store and maintain the entire kart and you'll just show up and pay a fee to use them.

Oh wait.

:giggle: arrive and drive , rent a ride and fun center racing .
Differnt strokes for different folks .
Based on rental leagues at GoPro and PittRace where they get so many entries they have to split fields multiple times based on weight, I promise you it would work and probably make the track more money than some other aspects.

Back