Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

I'm so interested in this because this is exactly what confuses me. A normally dry track that's going to be not dry but not wet. I guess we're still learning this middle of the road type of track also.

This is such a great thread for Track Tac Customers.

A couple weeks ago I went to Clay City in Kentucky for the first time. I was originally just planning to run the Welch Race in May. While there a couple weeks ago I was told to ignore the current conditions when preparing for the May event. It was mild, windy, sunny and extremely dusty. I used Black Sand and Acrysol and it seemed fine considering I won my class. I decided that I would travel down for this coming weekend and run the bigger race. I have tires wiped with two wipes of Black Sand and ready. However, the weather looks like it is going to be raining every day until Saturday. Was also told they will be applying Calcium. Considering the rain and calcium I do not think my Black Sand tires will work unless the tracks really dries out through out the day.

The track is NOT a red clay track but instead it seems like a hard dirt track with some grit on the surface. Seems sandy but abrasive. The weather looks nice 70 degrees and sunny. Qualify during the day and race at night.

What Track Tac product would be good for this track? Good Water content and Calcium. Qualifying and Features.
Burris 33s ?

If Joey uses Calcium and provided he wouldn't apply calcium with track surface being way to dry when calcium was spread , which I highly doubt would happen, because he understands it requires a lot more moisture before calcium than most . So provided he uses Calcium and it's a somewhat Sunny day , 67 * or higher temps , you can pretty much count on 1 of 2 things happening track grips up really good , tire needed would be a No Prep , Never prepped 33 , Difference in Good Choice to Best Choice would be AGE , OR Track comes in two quickly and Seals over ( Moist Slick ) but lacking grip, Then it's a Prepped 33 and what you mention above with the Black sand being part of the mix would not be any where near Aggressive enough , I'm not familiar enough with just Trac Tac products to name which one would work best for sealed over , however I do know when sealed over mutable coats of Andy Murry purple works well , So which ever Trac Tac prep compares closest to Andy Murry purple should get the Job done .
Now if your questioning how do I know if it's sealed over , Shoot me a PM and I'll answer that question .
I apologize to Chris and Randy for mentioning another prep brand on there thread , but in this moment I don't know how else to explain what I know worked last Nov when we were there .
Dis Claimer not because I think it's a bad product , I don't even like Andy Murry purple , " WHY " I just have Never had any luck using it ourselves.
Good Luck !! hope this Helps

Too bad Clay City was rained out I'd like to see how this went.

Ken I've never seen that track seal over. I'm going there tomorrow and will be curious. I expect the track to be dusty and the pits flooded. Should be interesting.

Someone lead me down the right path..... Daughter is starting karting for first time this season. we are newbs. she will be running predator classes for at least 2 years. Racing primarily in southern ohio (wheelersburg, farmers) and eastern ky (Willard, clay city) we have a couple new seats of burris 33a and a few used sets that I know the history of. point me in a direction for tire prep, wash etc....

Someone lead me down the right path..... Daughter is starting karting for first time this season. we are newbs. she will be running predator classes for at least 2 years. Racing primarily in southern ohio (wheelersburg, farmers) and eastern ky (Willard, clay city) we have a couple new seats of burris 33a and a few used sets that I know the history of. point me in a direction for tire prep, wash etc....
Track tac blue tire wash is a favorite around here. Never been in that area so have no idea of prep.

Back