Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

Thread: Track Tac - Help Provided => Index Post 2052
View Single Post
10-31-06,, 10:36 AM
rransom
www.tracktac.com Join Date: 05 05

Re: Track Tac - Help Provided

For Dirt Indoors
Track Tac® SAA-Grape or Track Tac® GK1-Blue as a base or conditioner.
Track Tac® Black Sand if more bite is needed - use as a condition or at track wipe.
Track Tac® SQS to fire the tires off as a pre race wipe - the colder it is, the better it does.
Track Tac® Blue Tire Wash to keep your tires clean.

For Coke Syrup on Concrete Indoors
We can add a sugar repellent to any of the Track Tac® Tire Treatments. Coke syrup is just a sugar syrup.
If you would like to get a product treated, just call in an order and say you want it with sugar repellent. We will give the pricing to you when you call or you can PM me.
We have two years of experience with this product with excellent results. The Additive is a low hazard chemical.
If you ask around you can find some people who used it last year or the year before. They may be willing to share their results.

Hope this helps
Randy
Thread: Track Tac - Help Provided => Index Post 2052
View Single Post
02-18-06,, 05:47 PM
rransom
www.tracktac.com Join Date: 05 05

Re: Track Tac - Help Provided
maxxis hg3 ht3s

During March if it is below 50 deg F, use Track Tac™ SAA-Grape to condition the tires Monday and Tuesday for Saturday night. Use Track Tac™ SQS at the track as a Pre Race Wipe and clean the tires with Track Tac™ Blue Tire Wash. The wetter the track the softer the tires should be. Depending on how wet and/or how cold it is, you want to drop HT3's 15 to 30 durometer points.

If it is above 50 deg F use Track Tac™ BTGP-Red to condition the tires Monday and Tuesday for Saturday night. Use Track Tac™ PRW-Orange at the track as a Pre Race Wipe and clean the tires with Track Tac™ Blue Tire Wash. The wetter the track the softer the tires should be. Depending on how wet and/or warm it is, you will want to drop HT3's 15 to 30 durometer points.

You can put the Track Tac™ BTGP-Red on top of the Track Tac™ SAA-Grape if the tires are already softened with the Track Tac™ SAA-Grape. If you are going to put the Track Tac™ SAA-Grape on top of the Track Tac™ BTGP-Red because it is cold, be sure to put on at least 2 coats of Track Tac™ SAA-Grape and use the Track Tac™ SQS before going to the grid and be sure the tires are dry.

By mid May use Track Tac™ GK1-Blue to condition the tires Monday and Tuesday for Saturday night. Use Track Tac™ PRW-Orange at the track as a Pre Race Wipe and clean the tires with Track Tac™ Blue Tire Wash. Depending on how dry and/or warm it is, you want to drop HT3's 7 to 12 durometer points for a fairly dry track and less if it is very dry.

If it rains or the track is wet after mid May use the tires treated with Track Tac™ BTGP-Red. Use Track Tac™ PRW-Orange at the track as a Pre Race Wipe and clean the tires with Track Tac™ Blue Tire Wash. You will want HT3's that have been dropped 15 to 25 durometer points depending on how much moisture is in the track.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, give me a call.

Randy
336-406-2885 M
336-475-0100 F
A winner is just a loser who gave it one more try.

rransom
View Public Profile

Send a private message to rransom

Send email to rransom

Visit rransom's homepage!

Find all posts by rransom

Add rransom to Your Buddy List

A winner is just a loser who gave it one more try.

rransom
View Public Profile

Send a private message to rransom

Send email to rransom

Visit rransom's homepage!

Find all posts by rransom

Add rransom to Your Buddy List

what track tac product or "what" should I put on els that have been prepped with track tac products to store for the winter, or really anytime, I have heard baby oil or wd40, not trying to soften or toughen a tire just wanting to keep the tires stable.

Some old posts I found helpful:

TRACK TAC BTGP -
Red can be used essentially the same way you would use Methyl Naphthalene, but it is safer. We recommend it for wet tracks. As tracks get drier we recommend going to TRACK TAC SAA - Grape and then TRACK TAC GK1-Blue.

TRACK TAC BTGP -
Red can be used to repair tires that have been dried out because they we treated with Goat Pee. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC BTGP - Red as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”.
TRACK TACK PRW -
Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

Conditioner:
This is the base of the tire program...No duro change. Adds strength and oil to the rubber.
Tire Tuff -inside
Tire Tuff Mint - outside

If I think I need a little extra bite, then I will put a layer of Orange over the Sapphire to get them
to fire off. Or, if it is night time and a little cooler, or the track has a little moisture, then I have
put the SQS on top of the Sapphire instead with great results. You can use more than 1 layer of
the Sapphire also, but make sure it is completely dry between coats or it will get slick like the
Black Sand

I would be real careful with the Topaz!! It is a very strong prep that can easily lock you down
if used in the wrong situation. If you're losing grip because moisture is coming to the surface I
would wipe a coat of GK1 Blue. I like to mix it with SQS at the track for a PRW. The GK1
will bite the best when a tracks contains moisture, Topaz works the best when a track is wet.

Pre Race Wipe-
Track Tac® Black Sand cut 60:40 with Track Tac® SQS.
This works in virtually all dry slick areas of Ga and Fl. It will soften very little. Your not going to wipe the tires a lot with and its only to be used as a track side wipe. It will be a little more aggressive than the Sapphire.
SQS is also a good tire fire prep in the colder months

Inside prep that doesnt soften:
We currently use HL2 as an outside wipe. I want something internally that will help add some bite to the tires for the longer runs but not one that will soften:
A: Track Tac Tire Tuff. Be sure to give it enough cure time in the tire however. The SST is also a very good option.

Inside Prep to soften:
Kryptonite 1 oz. RS, 3/4 oz. LR. 1/2 oz. LF yields about 3 points drop.

or

Track Tac® BTGP-Red/Track Tac® SAA-Grape(50/50) about 3 to 3.5 per
30 cc's to the ounce.
Don't use much more than 3 maybe 4 oz per 800.
Do the balance of the softening from the outside.
Use the same mix or use the Track Tac® Topaz on the outside.
A coat or two of Track Tac® Tire Tuff Mint will help with durable bite once the tires are at the durometer you want.
Roll 24 to 36 hours to be safe.

Wet Track:
BTGP and Grape mixed 50/50 will get you hooked up on a wet track. Just be
because the more you apply the softer the tire will get.

Soften and add bite:

Goat P or ...Topaz is the only prep on the market that will out perform Goat P on a wet track,
and I have been a long time user and believer in Goat P. We have offered the BTGP for a while
and it does a very good job at softening but it doesnt put the aggressive bite in the tire like Goat P
does, this is why it works very well on tires that make bite such as Vega and Burris. The
was designed for a tire with less natural bite such as a Maxxis or Firestone. The Topaz will soften
just as much as the BTGP but adds the bite like Goat P.

I have used the Orange and SQS, with success. I have changed to Sapphire. It has the Orange
and SQS in it. It has worked on hard and soft tracks.

Vega Tires
You can also use the Black Sand at the track as well, but make sure you cut it 50/50 with
or it will be slick. With you saying the track is holding some moisture, I think you will like the
Sapphire as a PRW, and maybe even a top coat of SQS if you chose. I have found the Sapphire
to work in just about all conditions though, and that Vegas love it and the Mint as well. Just try
them both and see what happens. Key is to make sure you let them cure all week.

Over winter storage--I use TT Tire Tuff Mint wiped on every 2-3 weeks( one liberal coat) then bagged in a climate controlled garage. Is this as good a program as I can do? Tires are Maxxis. Thanks, John

Over winter storage--I use TT Tire Tuff Mint wiped on every 2-3 weeks( one liberal coat) then bagged in a climate controlled garage. Is this as good a program as I can do? Tires are Maxxis. Thanks, John

All you need is to wipe 2 coats before you put them away and then freshen them up when you pull them back out the next year.

☆Merry☆* 。 • ˚ ☆ •。☆Christmas☆ 。* 。*☆*。* 。*☆ 。* * ☆
° 。 ° ˚ ˚ __Π_____*。*˚☆ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。☆。*。 。☆* 。*☆ 。
˚ ˛ •˛.* /_______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛☆ 。* 。*☆ 。* 。*• ˚ ˚ 。˚ ˛ •˛• 。
˚ ˛ •˛• ┃ 田. ┃ 門 ┃ 田.┃ And a Happy New Year 。* ˚ •。

Will the Tire Tuff for winter storage soften the the tires at all?
Just wondering how much it will change the duro from where I already have it.

We would like to let everyone know that Track Tac® Tire Treatments will be introducing our new to the karter products, at the Kart Show in Hickory.
Track Tac HL-O and Track Tac AT-2 will be available in gallons to everyone.
It will be on our website, at our dealers, and we will be doing an introductory special at the Kart Show in Hickory and OVKA Swap Meet.
Over the last three years these products have been sold to the top names in karting to make Name Brand Tire Preps.
Look for our ad in Chasin Racin Illustrated in January.
As always => go fast and finish the race.
Randy

We would like to let everyone know that Track Tac® Tire Treatments will be introducing our new to the karter products, at the Kart Show in Hickory.
It will be on our website, at our dealers, and we will be doing an introductory special at the Kart Show in Hickory and OVKA Swap Meet.
Over the last three years these products have been sold to the top names in karting to make Name Brand Tire Preps.
Randy

Any info available on these for what they do or how to use them?

Stephen, give me a call tomorrow and I'll give you a run down of these chemicals.....
These can be used in conjunction with the chemicals of mine that you already have, to help improve your over all program.

Randy

don't get me wrong, but i'm trying to understand something here. so what your saying is that no past track tac product has had these ingredients in them, but other tire treatments used by the top karters have had access to these ingredients for 3yrs. and supplied by you.

I haven't used anything but trac tac products for several years now and I would like clarification on that also!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they were testing the new preps and it is now ready for the public. i assume the hl o, is hot lap. and the tire wipe has been out for years,,,so they are not new,, i would say then, whats new has been in testing stages.

It's their Hot Lap and HL2. It has been available for at least three years but I've always had to ask for it, didn't see it advertised.

Back