Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

I realize it’s time to swallow my pride and ask for help. I find myself struggling at tracks that are similar to GKK, Patriot and Hanging Rock. It seems that when you get to tracks that have “good clay” in my opinion it seems that you can’t bring a tire that is freshly wiped or wipe a lot at the track because it causes a prep slide from picking up dirt on your tires from the track. It seems you have to have experience from those tracks to know what you think you need in duro range before you get to the track and what internal roll you need to have and how long they need to setup to have enough time to cure in without having prep slides. With those that are experienced in those conditions, what is your process you take in those weeks or months ahead of time preparing to race at tracks similar to those tracks mentioned above.
A lot of times wiping prep at the track at those places will cause a prep slide. Iron City and Kershaw typically like a new tire. This time of year 100cc should put you in the ballpark. You will notice a lot of guys wiping a degreaser spray or Track Tac Tire Wash at the track. Thats to dry up the surface of the tire to keep from having that prep slide. You can still typically wipe during the week just no wiping at the track.

A lot of times wiping prep at the track at those places will cause a prep slide. Iron City and Kershaw typically like a new tire. This time of year 100cc should put you in the ballpark. You will notice a lot of guys wiping a degreaser spray or Track Tac Tire Wash at the track. Thats to dry up the surface of the tire to keep from having that prep slide. You can still typically wipe during the week just no wiping at the track.
Interested in know how to tell when you are at a track with "good clay" and shouldn't be wiping at the track? This is honestly the first I've heard of this scenario... I've heard of a prep slide before but never really comprehended what was going on.

To be honest its one of those things where you know the tendencies of certain tracks. Typically if the track is dry and the dirt wants to cling to the tire when on the track is where you will get a "prep slide". Having the surface of the tire dry will keep anything from clinging to the tire.

To be honest its one of those things where you know the tendencies of certain tracks. Typically if the track is dry and the dirt wants to cling to the tire when on the track is where you will get a "prep slide". Having the surface of the tire dry will keep anything from clinging to the tire.
Makes sense, thank you! Most predominately your "high bite" and faster tracks then.

I was racing at a track like this. The guy said he rolled an ounce and a half of goat pee 3 days before the race and somehow the way it affects the tread of the tire keeps the dirt from sticking to the tire. He was fast and winning. Flat 1/10 mile track

Not to beat a dead horse but I want to determine the best method of approach and to understand why.

Clean the tires with Blue Tire Wash
PRW with TT Orange
Use Black Sand for hot, dusty, dry/slick tracks

What would I use as a mid week base prep for "normal" spring/summer temps (Monday or Wednesday evening base prep application) ?

What would I use for a base prep for Fall races (temps at or below 50*f ?

I'm located in the Northeastern US (NY) and I run Cobras primarily with a couple sets of Yellow Vegas thrown in there for good measure.

All external applied prep, noting internal.

Thanks for the advice.

Not to beat a dead horse but I want to determine the best method of approach and to understand why.

Clean the tires with Blue Tire Wash
PRW with TT Orange
Use Black Sand for hot, dusty, dry/slick tracks

What would I use as a mid week base prep for "normal" spring/summer temps (Monday or Wednesday evening base prep application) ?

What would I use for a base prep for Fall races (temps at or below 50*f ?

I'm located in the Northeastern US (NY) and I run Cobras primarily with a couple sets of Yellow Vegas thrown in there for good measure.

All external applied prep, noting internal.

Thanks for the advice.
If you aren't rolling internal, you are losing a lot of speed! Mid week wipes just use a conditioner like AT2 once you have the duro you want. When below 50* I'd be using BTGP/Goat or SAA grape.

If you aren't rolling internal, you are losing a lot of speed! Mid week wipes just use a conditioner like AT2 once you have the duro you want. When below 50* I'd be using BTGP/Goat or SAA grape.

Can you expand on how you use AT2 ? Not a lot of info I can find about it other than its used as a base ingredient in other preps.

How many wipes, beginning or mid week, benefits of its use ?

Thanks.

Its just a conditioner to keep the tire fresh once you get the duro where you want it. Yes, also used as the base in a lot of other preps. Its essentially Hot Lap II. We wipe conditioners on our tires usually once or twice every other day. Keeps rubber fresh, and builds some bite.

Question for those who use BTGP Red externally to drop duro.

The product says the drop in duro lasts. If say I drop the duro from 55 to 45 for example, once I've reached my target duro, all I should have to do to maintain that duro setting is apply a conditioner during the week and use the applicable prw correct ?

I understand there are variances but I should be in the ballpark with that application strategy correct ?

Question for those who use BTGP Red externally to drop duro.

The product says the drop in duro lasts. If say I drop the duro from 55 to 45 for example, once I've reached my target duro, all I should have to do to maintain that duro setting is apply a conditioner during the week and use the applicable prw correct ?

I understand there are variances but I should be in the ballpark with that application strategy correct ?
Generally yes, depending on time if the tires aren't used for a while they could potentially harden back up a few points. But, just a coat or two should have them back to the ideal target then a Conditioner and or Bite agent to maintain.

I have a new set of harder maxxis that have been rolled inside. I want to prep with black sand and have ready for dusty/gritty low bite track conditions. They are punching about 55. My plan was to condition with a low bite conditioner until about 48/50 on duro and then swipe with black sand and let cure for a week.

Should I be doing the black sand before the conditioner or a day or two after then let sit? What about mixing the prep in with the conditioner? I've used black sand track-side before but it was cut with acrysol a little. Should black sand prepped tires be wrapped while they sit?

Sort of a side question but,
I know black sand is great for dry and dusty but how is it still a viable choice for then the track is cold, low bite and sandy but the sand is clumping and sticking?
I would definitely do whatever softening you want then add the Black Sand. I would recommend getting the tires where you want on duro with GK1 Blue then adding the Black Sand on top. You do not want to wrap the tires just them them sit. As stated above mixing the Black Sand with SQS trackside is always a good option in the cooler months.

What do you use this for? Is it a weekly thing to keep tires fresh ?

Like Brian stated its a lite conditioner that can be used to maintain tires weekly or used on higher bite tracks as a trackside wipe. It is commonly used as a cutting agent for a lot of other products to tone down the aggressiveness of the other treatments.

I have 2 cans of max bite and 1 can of ultra bite. What is an ideal track to use them on?

Attachments

• 7E8DDDEC-FCFD-480E-B25F-BC21DB7D4FDB.jpeg
    7E8DDDEC-FCFD-480E-B25F-BC21DB7D4FDB.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 45
I have 2 cans of max bite and 1 can of ultra bite. What is an ideal track to use them on?
We actually made those products for Southern Express Kart Shop. They are both for lower bite tracks with the Max Bite being more aggressive than the Ultra Bite. If you have any other questions I would give Bradley a call at Southern Express.

Back