Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

Use the SST-5 & ruby mix during the week to build bite. (20% SST-5 Max)

Black sand at the track mixed as needed. The quick dry by TT to me is one of the best things to come out recently. Mixes great with black sand and helps with the dry time.

Might help with the SST-5 dry time some but I hadn't tried it.
I messed around with it a bit a few weeks ago, cut it with Acrysol to try to use it as a trackside wipe since nothing else was working that I had. It was a dry, cold sandy track, and I didn't have much luck getting enough bite. That's my fault though, not the prep. I knew it probably wouldn't cure fast enough but I had to try something.

Randy, Chris- I've tried to read all of the pages here and I see you guys like the SQS as an inside prep. How about cutting it with the AT-2? I didn't see that mentioned yet.... I really like the SQS and it works well in these late season races here in Florida on these sandy, cold tracks but I've never used it as an inside prep. We're on yellow Vegas punching approx 30-35.

Randy, Chris- I've tried to read all of the pages here and I see you guys like the SQS as an inside prep. How about cutting it with the AT-2? I didn't see that mentioned yet.... I really like the SQS and it works well in these late season races here in Florida on these sandy, cold tracks but I've never used it as an inside prep. We're on yellow Vegas punching approx 30-35.
I was just going to ask whats suggested to roll for yellow vegas on the indoor tracks. Not locked down style racing, prepped and goes through changes. Bull ring

It works well mixed with AT2. It just weakens the SQS. If I were going to fix Yellow Vegas punching in the low 30s my prep of choice would still be Red and Grape 50/50.

It works well mixed with AT2. It just weakens the SQS. If I were going to fix Yellow Vegas punching in the low 30s my prep of choice would still be Red and Grape 50/50.
Even if they are already punching that low? I don't want to soften them anymore, I've reached the perfect duro with mostly external wiping and very little internal but they are due for a re-roll now for an upcoming big race.

Even if they are already punching that low? I don't want to soften them anymore, I've reached the perfect duro with mostly external wiping and very little internal but they are due for a re-roll now for an upcoming big race.

If you have that much external prep on the tire I wouldnt roll the insides. At that point you are running on mostly external prep and internal doesnt really do anything.

This is an non karting question, looking for info for prepping m/t Radials for drag racing use , not wanting it softer jus added grip

First and most important, think twice about treating the inside of any radial. After you think about it and then you need to say - no not this time.

After you get more experience then think about it again. The way the tire cords are laid in there is a much greater chance for the cords to slip and have tire failure.

Now about treating:
Pure grip will come from Track Tac® SST5-Purple. It will take cure time and you should not rush it.
The Track Tac® SST is great as a pre-race wipe.

You are welcome to call us and we will help with as much information as possible without giving away any customer data.

Hope this helps,
Randy

336-474-3500 office => ask for Chris

a lot of your tire preps are based on HotLap II
How True Is This Anyone (Brian, Earl, Randy)?

Track Tac® AT-2 or similar is used as an inexpensive base for a lot of "prep".
We do not. We make Track Tac® AT-2 from scratch.
We also sell multiple drums of Track Tac® AT-2 for well less than $20.00 a gallon.

It is a decent product and it is cheap. This is why so many people "make" their own prep using this as a base.
Hope this helps,
Randy

First and most important, think twice about treating the inside of any radial. After you think about it and then you need to say - no not this time.

After you get more experience then think about it again. The way the tire cords are laid in there is a much greater chance for the cords to slip and have tire failure.

Now about treating:
Pure grip will come from Track Tac® SST5-Purple. It will take cure time and you should not rush it.
The Track Tac® SST is great as a pre-race wipe.

You are welcome to call us and we will help with as much information as possible without giving away any customer data.

Hope this helps,
Randy

336-474-3500 office => ask for Chris
After I get more experience?

Experience with outside prep will lead too wanting inside prep .
Tire failure seems to be imminent on a drag slick with internal .

Mixes with Track Tac® Tire Tuff Mint or Track Tac® PRW Orange w/ DRT

Be careful what you mix Track Tac® PRW Orange w/ DRT with. Don't mix it with Mint.
Orange and anything else we sell in a metal can OK
Orange and anything we sell in a Plastic Bottle probably not OK
Mint and AT-2 and a dash of Rubbing alcohol(99% or 100%) OK
Mint and Acrysol and a dash of Rubbing alcohol(99% or 100%) OK
Mint and SQS OK
Mint and Pink Ruby and a dash of Rubbing alcohol(99% or 100%) OK
Mint and Black Sand OK
Mint and Grape OK
Mint and any other tire treatment we sell in a plastic bottle OK
Mint and Rough Cut Diamond OK
Mint and SST OK
Mint and PB Base OK

Chris, got a quart of Diamond for an end of year points and have never really used it. I read that its for medium type tracks. Is it ok to cut with Black Sand or acrysol? Or do you have another suggestion. Thanks

I’m sure Chris will chime in on this one. Black sand and Diamond are my two main preps for our dry dusty slick track. I use black sand during the week. I also use diamond at the track do to its quick drying nature as a PRW and to add some bite but I have mixed it and black sand when I needed just that bit of extra bite and it seemed to work fine for me. I’m just offering up my 2 cents.

Two cents here as well .
My understanding is that you can mix plastic bottles with plastic . Metal with metal .
The problem when mixing differnt types is they wont stay mixed the 99% alcohol helps , still need to shake well before use .

Chris, got a quart of Diamond for an end of year points and have never really used it. I read that its for medium type tracks. Is it ok to cut with Black Sand or acrysol? Or do you have another suggestion. Thanks
The Diamond is intended to use straight. If you want to take away some of the aggression you can cut it with Acrysol. We never really cut it with Black Sand. If you would need to cut it with something like Black Sand I feel it would be better to move on from the Diamond to a different treatment.

Back