Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

rransom

Site Supporter
If anyone has saved portions of the old Track Tac thread please send them to Chris Harris, Randy Ransom or Mark Kokocinski. We are working on finding the old thread in archives on the web.

Also, I talked to Bob today. He needs our support and we need to help if we can.

Track Tac Products has pledge $500.00 to help defer the cost of rebuilding the new 4 Cycle.

It doesn't have to be money to help.
A kind word, playing it straight during the rebuild, pay an old bill, just about anything nice would be a help.

All the best,
Randy

here you go randy

If you want a one on one, please feel free to call me. It's a lot easier to talk about than to write, when it's one on one. My office number is 1-336-474-3500.

If I'm not in, ask whoever answers to track me down and give them your phone #, or ask if Dow is in the office. Dow is in charge of sales and is very knowledgeable. If you ask them to track me down, as soon as I'm free I'll call you back. I should be in most of the day, today 05-10-2005.

If you go to our web site there is more information,
in PDF format.

There is a FAQ sheet, a single page with all the labels pictured and one liners about the products, and the PDF of the hand-out we give out when we visit track or go to things like PRI and KART-FEST.

All of this is right on the home page, so you don’t have to go searching for it.

Now, here is a quick rundown of the products. I hope this is helpful.

TRACK TAC SST - Best for Asphalt. It will last through a whole night of racing. It needs to be applied in advance. Monday and Tuesday for a Saturday race. Use light coats and let it dry between coats. Works on treaded or slick tires. You control the durometer point drop by the number of coats you apply. You don’t need to wrap your tires - it’s your option.

TRACK TAC SST5 - Purple This product contains NO petrolium distillates. We design this for dirt tracks. It gives super bite, but if you don’t have enough Horse Power and Torque it will bog you down. In our area modifies on dirt ( Carolina Clash, etc.) are swapping out their small block and putting in their big block engines. If you use this on kart tires use a quarter of what you think you need. It takes 10 days to apply but you apply it in one night. Apply a coat and wait one hour apply a second coat and wait 2 hours then apply a third coat. Set the tires aside for 10 days. If you check the tires during the 10 days they will feel greasy at first and then get less greasy over the 10 day. At the end of 10 days they will have a very slight greasy feel. Now wipe the tires down with 2 coats of TRACK TAC PRW-Orange - let dry between coats.
This product is meant for dry, hard, and dusty clay tracks that have been loaded down with Calcium Chloride.

TRACK TAC PRW-Green => PRE RACE WIPE for asphalt or sealed tracks. TRACK TAC PRW-Green works great on top of TRACK TAC SST to refresh the surface “bite” between heats and then before the feature. If it is used as a pre race wipe it will last between 2 and 5 laps, depending on how much is applied. It is meant to be used when what you need is some help until the tires get hot and take over on their own. Don’t sop it on. Apply a thin coat and let it dry. Repeat with a second coat if you think you need it..

TRACK TAC SAA - Grape Soft As A Grape. This product will soften tires and is meant for the spring and fall when the dirt tracks are cooler and have more moisture in them. It is meant as a primary treatment to be applied early in the week for a weekend race. The longer you give it, the deeper it will go in the tire. If you wait until Friday or Saturday it will drop the durometer but it won’t be very deep and it probably will “give up” before you want. It can be applied between trips to the track because it dries quickly. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC SAA - Grape as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”. TRACK TAC PRW - Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC GK1-Blue This product contains NO petrolium distillates. It is meant to be used on harder dirt tracks that are fairly dry, and not too dusty. It provides a great base even after the sun goes down and some moisture comes back into the track. It can be used inside or outside. You get better control if you apply it from the outside. You will typically get a 5 to 10 point drop when applied from the outside and it tend to drop 15 points if done inside to out. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC GK1-Blue as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”.
TRACK TAC PRW - Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC PRW - Orange with DRT “Bite” in a can. TRACK TAC PRW - Orange will drop the durometer of a tire very little, 0 to 5 points. It is meant to be a pre race wipe for dirt tracks. The DRT stands for Dirt Repelling Technology. Yes the tires do repel dirt better than tire that aren’t treated with the TRACK TACK PRW - Orange with DRT. It can also be used as a primary treatment during the week to give a better base for rock hard, dry, and dusty tracks. This product can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC BTGP - Red Better Than Goat Pee because contains no carcinogens, it won’t destroy your tires if used correctly and it won’t destroy the environment. . Yes, Goat Pee, Yellow Gold, or any of its other names is a carcinogen because of the Naphthalene it contains.. Its chemical name is Methyl Naphthalene, and it is a bio-hazard, a marine pollutant.

TRACK TAC BTGP - Red can be used essentially the same way you would use Methyl Naphthalene, but it is safer. We recommend it for wet tracks. As tracks get drier we recommend going to TRACK TAC SAA - Grape and then TRACK TAC GK1-Blue.
TRACK TAC BTGP - Red can be used to repair tires that have been dried out because they we treated with Goat Pee. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC BTGP - Red as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”. TRACK TACK PRW - Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC BLUE TIRE WASH with DRT This is a spray on wipe off tire cleaner that work on new tires, tires that have dirt on them, tires that have a build - up of the track sealer used in the south, especially Florida and it is a great way to remove Coke Syrup from indoor races on concrete . Spray it on wait 15 seconds to several minutes and then wipe it off. If needed you can reapply it immediately. Let the wet tires dry before applying and tire prep. TRACK TAC BLUE TIRE WASH with DRT is water based, this is why it needs to be dry.

I hope this helps, please excuse any typo’s

Regards
Randy Ransom
www.tracktac.com

Reactions: pdc
This is a real problem

I have a buddy that had a hot box explode and blow the whole lid off and bout burnt the whole place down! And it had a heat gun

Yes torches can be dangerous but a heat gun or hotbox will not do the same thing as a torch. Why do you think at the big races you see us all torching tires instead of using hot boxes or heat guns?

I seen this happen one time inside a trailer...very dangerous inside close quarters...they liked to never got it out...kart from trailer or fire out...LOL

bigcat6 I just had a friend that had a hotbox explode on him and burnt him up pretty good. The fumes from the tires are trapped in the box and when you get a spark your in more trouble than having a tire in the open with a torch.

Never "TORCH" a tire. This is dangerous and foolish.
Never roll an external prep in a pan in a closed box. It is a waste, not repeatable, and can be very dangerous.
The real problem is not knowing the Flash Point of what you are using.
You need safety data on the can or the MSDS. It is supposed to be on one or the other or both.
If the racer doesn't get this data the racer is using the prep at his own risk.

Don't roll external preps in pans in closed boxes that are hotter than the flash point of the chemical.
Rolling in a pan, in closed box using a pan, is also a waste of prep.

Track Tac Products and Venom Juice Products never recommend rolling externally for many reasons, this is one of them. Enclosed boxes can explode.

Track Tac® Products in plastic bottles have Flash Points of 200 Deg F or greater.
Track Tac® Products in metal cans without ORM-D tags have Flash Points of 105 Deg F or greater.
Venom Juice™ Products in plastic bottles have Flash Points of 200 Deg F or greater.
Venom Juice™ Products in metal cans without ORM-D tags have Flash Points of 105 Deg F or greater.

Ask your prep supplier what the flash point of their product is.
I know most of the popular preps, but it is not my place to divulge this data.
It is the manufacturer/suppliers duty.

http://www.tracktac.com/pdf/Brochure.pdf
http://www.tracktac.com/pdf/FAQsheetforTrackTac.pdf
Read the section about external rolling.

Hope this helps,
Randy

Randy, I have a set of Maxxis pinks that I internal rolled with Kryptonite last spring that I never used. They duroed 45 last spring, but now duro 60. My question is can I reroll with Kryptonite to get the duro back down or are the tires junk?

Randy, I have a set of Maxxis pinks that I internal rolled with Kryptonite last spring that I never used. They duroed 45 last spring, but now duro 60. My question is can I reroll with Kryptonite to get the duro back down or are the tires junk?

Your tires aren't junk - that is the good news.
Roll an ounce of Tire Tuff Original Brown and an ounce of Kryptonite. This should replace the lost oils.
Next time just wipe a single coat of Mint every couple of weeks to maintain and build more grip.

If you don't have the Tire Tuff Original you can use the GK1-Blue.

Hope this helps and please call us after rolling. 336-474-3500

All the best,
Randy

Your tires aren't junk - that is the good news.
Roll an ounce of Tire Tuff Original Brown and an ounce of Kryptonite. This should replace the lost oils.
Next time just wipe a single coat of Mint every couple of weeks to maintain and build more grip.

If you don't have the Tire Tuff Original you can use the GK1-Blue.

Hope this helps and please call us after rolling. 336-474-3500

All the best,
Randy

Thanks for your reply Randy!

We have them ALL.

If anyone has saved portions of the old Track Tac thread please send them to Chris Harris, Randy Ransom or Mark Kokocinski. We are working on finding the old thread in archives on the web.

Also, I talked to Bob today. He needs our support and we need to help if we can.

Track Tac Products has pledge $500.00 to help defer the cost of rebuilding the new 4 Cycle.

It doesn't have to be money to help.
A kind word, playing it straight during the rebuild, pay an old bill, just about anything nice would be a help.

All the best,
Randy

We have actually recovered all of the 4568 original post in the Track Tac Help Provided thread.
Kudos to Mark Kokocinski for a weekend of hard work.

Now we have to put them all back together so it will be several more days BUT WE HAVE THEM ALL.

Thank you Mark Kokocinski (arc100) you will be in my hall of fame for the rest of my life.
Also thanks to team25 for also helping.

Thanks and more thanks,
Randy

That's some awesome news!! A lot of good info in them post and glad they were able to help get that all back together!! Thanks to both of you fellas that worked on this!!

changing preps

ltg suggested that we should change preps the next time at duquoin. last race i prepped with WAKS green during the week before the race then used goat before each session. what would you recommend using as a prep during the week before the race. once tyler ran his fastest lap the prep seemed to leave the front tires and he started pushing the nose accross the apex of the turn. after the race the front tires duroed 40 the rears duroed 43- 47. any help would be appreciated.

If the kart was fast, i wouldnt go changing the prep or the tires, if it was fast you must be doing something right for that track. Iv seen some friends or people i know try to tell me or others that you are on the wrong prep or you should change the prep your using, but if they're telling you that, your kart must have been having problems on the track somewhere to where it was obvious?

it depnds on what was done to the track sounds like tires were to soft i know from the past at duquoin you needed a soft tire in the 40s with inside prep but last year there had that set that i thought would have been perfect and was fast for 4 laps and then had a bad push then i put on fresh tires punching mid 50s no inside prep and bingo up tords the front so it seems thay are doing somthing differant to the track than thay did years ago try a harder tire but next race thay may do somthing differant to the track so make sure you have tires for each track condition

How does Calcium Chloride affect the track surface? I know it helps to retain moisture, but does it add bite? If it does would one want to use a tire that duros 45-50ish? The reason I ask is because next year I will racing at a track that uses Calcium. I use Track Tac products and I'm looking for advice on what products to use on that type track. At least a starting point. I'm still learning the tire game, but with the high cost of tires (Maxxis) I would like to keep mistakes to a minimum. Thanks in Advance!

ltg suggested that we should change preps the next time at duquoin. last race i prepped with WAKS green during the week before the race then used goat before each session. what would you recommend using as a prep during the week before the race. once tyler ran his fastest lap the prep seemed to leave the front tires and he started pushing the nose accross the apex of the turn. after the race the front tires duroed 40 the rears duroed 43- 47. any help would be appreciated.

I know what is in WAK's Tire Treatments and just like the Track Tac Products, Goat and Track Tac or Goat and WAK's don't like each other.
You gave the durometer at the end of the race but what were they at the beginning?
I know that durometer is not the be all and end all for tires but it is a measurement that we can share when we are too far apart to look at the tires together.

1. What brand and model tire did you use? As an example Maxxis Blue left pink 900 right or Burris 33B etc.
2. Durometer starting and durometer after?
Starting RF= , RR= , LF= , LR=
After race RF= , RR= , LF= , LR=
Note: this is after each time out on the same set of tires.
3. Did you torch them?
4. Dry or wet at the grid?
My first thought is you probably used enough Goat to kill your hard work during the week. PM me to find out about what else you may be damaging.
Chris or I can and will help you.

All the best,
Randy
336-474-3500 Ask for Chris or Randy for help.

How does Calcium Chloride affect the track surface? I know it helps to retain moisture, but does it add bite? If it does would one want to use a tire that duros 45-50ish? The reason I ask is because next year I will racing at a track that uses Calcium. I use Track Tac products and I'm looking for advice on what products to use on that type track. At least a starting point. I'm still learning the tire game, but with the high cost of tires (Maxxis) I would like to keep mistakes to a minimum. Thanks in Advance!

Give us a call. We really need more information.
A track like Liberty Raceway Park uses a lot of Calcium Chloride but the track stays very moist by design.
Other tracks in the area use a lot of Calcium Chloride but let the track get drier and harder.
It is things like this we need to go over.
Chris or I can and will help you.

All the best,
Randy
336-474-3500 Ask for Chris or Randy for help.

Use Blacksand from TracKTac, tires should read from 52 to 56, clean tires first with Acrysol. Hot lap works good too.

I think, and many others think, Track Tac Tire Wipe AT-2 is as good or better than Hot Lap.

All the best,
Randy

Everyone's Warning

i don't use any prep at all....i race on a paved oval. but....one comment "fumes travel from pit to pit...just better off with hot box...less smell...still fumes though"......i don't like the use of prep at all because of the possible negative affects it could have. they could mess up your lungs, cause chemical burns and generally ruin your day. now you're talking about burning your shop down!! heat guns to clean the tires or heat the rubber is one thing...using it with a flammable chemical on a tire? which part of it might explode or it might burn your rear end up don't you understand? and i have to strongly disagree with you csteel14golf!!! hold the tire in your hand while heating it with a torch? did you get dropped on your head when you was little? that's the worst way to do it!! they make tire racks to hold the tires to prep them...a little common sense goes a long way. holding the thing in your hand while applying an open flame is asking for trouble!!! and before anyone says "don't use a torch, you a hair dryer!" look inside!!! you will see little coils that are exposed to the air! these little coils glow cherry red....and add in a fume or light mist when you roll the tire and you might end up racing at heaven's gate speedway with saint peter as the announcer!!!! come on folks!! look at what your saying before you tell someone on here to torch a tire while holding it!! that's jsut plain dumb!!!

Ok since I was dropped on my head let me dumb this down so someone with your ignorance can understand. You don't hold the tire or rubber part in your hand while torching, you hold the center of the wheel. You do realize that the chemical may have a low flash point but the rubber doesn't. You can burn the chemical off way before the tire will start to burn. This isn't Hollywood and the tire will not explode in your face. You sir have made the dumbest post of this thread and have shown your lack of intelligence. Have a good day and flame on.

I am sure everyone has seen that warning label on a given product and said who would try that?
Well the warning came after a person tried to do something just plain foolish and then sued because he was not warned not to do a particular thing.
Flammable and combustible chemicals should be kept away from an open flame.
Don't even try to argue it is OK.
This is everyone's warning.
For those who wish to continue, you do it at your own risk.
Also for those who wish to continue please contact Bill Engvall and request one of his signs.

All the best,
Randy

We are pleased to announce that ATTL Products, Inc. has licensed from Randy Ransom patent #8,568,523.
This is Randy's second patent related to tire treatments. ATTL Products, Inc. has licensed both patents.

We are pleased to announce that ATTL Products, Inc. has licensed from Randy Ransom patent #8,568,523.
This is Randy's second patent related to tire treatments. ATTL Products, Inc. has licensed both patents.

Congratulation's!

I still need some shirts, lol

I go in tomorrow at 1 ish, let me know if you will still be at the plant.

Arnold said not to forget him a shirt too.

Thanks for everything,
Kevin

Back