Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

Does Acrysol mix well with black sand? Noticed the separation at the bottom and we always shake before use, but prep mix continues to get darker as time goes on. Now I’ve had to even scrape the tire to get what looks like rubber but tires haven’t been ran. Using a mix of mostly btgp and grape with 10-15% BS and same amount Acrysol. Could this be chemical reaction cause a black tar like substance? Pad turns jet black as well.

Does Acrysol mix well with black sand? Noticed the separation at the bottom and we always shake before use, but prep mix continues to get darker as time goes on. Now I’ve had to even scrape the tire to get what looks like rubber but tires haven’t been ran. Using a mix of mostly btgp and grape with 10-15% BS and same amount Acrysol. Could this be chemical reaction cause a black tar like substance? Pad turns jet black as well.

No, Acrysol will not mix with Black Sand. The Black Sand will mix with BTGP and Grape. The only time Ive experienced anything like this is when the tires are over treated.

What is the rule of thumb for durometer drop per volume of SQS rolled internally? Specifically for Maxxis tires?

Running Hoosier A40’s at lawrenceburg. No real bite in track.no clay. What track tac prep should I be using through out the week and what at track side ?

Running Hoosier A40’s at lawrenceburg. No real bite in track.no clay. What track tac prep should I be using through out the week and what at track side ?

That will depend on the tire. If its where you want it on duro I would use Mint during the week and Topaz at the track.

If you need to soften I would use either BTGP Red or GK1 during the week(depending on how much you need to soften) and Topaz at the track.

Currently using Fairfield Mad Man biting blue. I am hoping to find something that provides more bite on dry dusty dirt tracks that have no bite. Any suggestions?

Track Tac Black Sand is hard to beat on any dry and dusty track. If you use it at the track cut it 50/50 with Track Tac Quick Dry

Hope this helps,
Randy

How much less should you roll in the LR? Just to keep it simple if I roll 100cc how much would I roll in the LR?

Going on just durometer reading you will want 2 to 7 points harder left rear. It will depend of the Chassis mainly and then all the other factors listed.

Our race season is pretty much over for the year. I am wondering what I should do with my good tires over the winter? Is there any tire chemicals that I can use to maintain tire quality over the winter? I don't really want to soften much, just keep them from drying out, adding some bite isn't a bad thing either.

There has been an old standby for many years and that is Track Tac Tire Tuff Orginal Brown. The Track Tac Tire Tuff Mint works just as good and build a little extra bite in the tire over the winter.

I'm trying to better understand tires, prep, and how to go fast. I understand (generally) how duro works and when to use less (or more) prep to achieve desired duro. One thing that eludes me is bite. I've heard there are different types of bite, you can't measure it, and you can't feel it in a tire until you're on the track.

So I turn to the source of all things true, Bob's. When you work tires, how do you view bite? Is there anything you can do to measure it? Does it have a linear relationship to some other measurable parameter of the tire?

Most people refer to bite in two ways.
Side bite - the bite you feel in the turns
Forward bite - the bite you feel when going forward in a straight line.

You can make bite by softening the tire tire BUT you can make bite and not soften the tire hardly a bit.
Generally speaking you want the the tire to be the hardest tire possible BUT have sufficient bite.
The harder the tire the less roll resistance.
Bite to an engineer is Static Coeficient of Friction and Dynamic Coeficient of Friction.
Try not to confuse Bite with Sticky. They are sometime used as interchangible terms but they are different.
I try to explain to my customers that sticky is like a piece of wet hard candy or the surface of tape.
Sticky usually means what makes contact is stuck until something happens to remove the stuch item.
Just plain bite is not sticky. Remember you can have both.

Bite is what you feel on the tire when you try to push hand across a tire.
Push with the tread and that is forward bite.
Push across the width of the tire and that is mostly side bite.

You can feel this. It is important.
If someone tells you don't worry so much about durometer remember it is the only measure you can give to a person over the phone 1000 miles away.

A really good tire guy can stick his fingernail into a tire and "feel" if it is right. If your tire guy is at Carnsville and you are also that's fine.
If you're at Carnville and your tire guy is at Tri-County or Liberty he can't stick his fingernail into your tire.

I always tell my people get the best durometer you can afford. If you can afford a certified duromer spend the money.
If you can afford calibration blocks spend the money.
If you are close to us, come by and use our blocks to check your durometer.

We have found that after checking many, many durometers an Intercomp appears to be more consistant and accurate.
This is an informed opinion.

All The Best,
Randy

I got some prep in a buyout and there was a bottle with the original Tire Tuff label in the mix. I'm not sure if it's the actual product in the bottle because it has a purple tint to it. As it gets some age on it,will TT Original change colors?

It is in a TT bottle with the label on it. It smells like the last bottle of TT brown I had. Just has a purple tint to it.

I did wipe it on an old tire and after 1 wipe the tire did seem to have a significant amount of bite for a really old and sealed over tire

Back