Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

I have spent some time trying to read through as much of this thread as I can handle. I am curious if anyone has inquired about prep tactics here in the desert southwest. Once maybe twice a year we see a heavily preped track with lots of calcium. Majority of the time we may as well be racing on a well maintained dirt road. Dry, like Sahara desert barren wasteland dry, and dusty like the dust storms of the middle East, for anyone who has been, or seen the movie American Sniper, you have an idea what I'm talking about. Open tire rules, some guys run Vega, some are hard core maxxis. Some have a set of Burris kicking around in the truck for that once in a while occasion. What opinions y'all got for me?

quick question, I ordered some venom stuff online last week and had to go to the TT website to get it, is kevin still mixing the venom, or did TT buy him out and are depleting stock? sorry if this was covered previously, don't have time to search through all the old posts on this thread...

thanks, I really like the venom juice products, and kevin was very helpful to me back in the day when I ran Umax karts, just trying to make sure I'm still buying/trying to support his stuff and his efforts.

thanks, I really like the venom juice products, and kevin was very helpful to me back in the day when I ran Umax karts, just trying to make sure I'm still buying/trying to support his stuff and his efforts.

It is still the same Venom Juice line that it always has been. Track Tac has owned Venom Juice for 7or 8 years now. Kevin and KBRD had sole distributorship of the Venom Juice line, Track Tac always manufactured and owned the product. Kevin has stepped away from the racing industry so Track Tac is back distributing the product again. If you have any questions you can give me a call.

Thanks Chris, sorry to find out that KB has stepped away....with that being said, one last question, are the two products lines still unique to each other? Thx!

Thanks Chris, sorry to find out that KB has stepped away....with that being said, one last question, are the two products lines still unique to each other? Thx!

Nothing will change in either product line. All formulations will remain the same.

New to kart racing and preping tires. I do not have a tire roller, can I use topaz to soften my maxis tires? Last year I bought a set rolled/shaved and used diamond and orange. This year I’m thinking about using black sand and Sapphire on one set of tires, is there anything to pull the prep out of a tire or will that not be a problem with switching?

nothing will eliminate it completely .
Sticking with trac tac products is a benefit.
there user guide is pretty handy.
info from the horses mouth is best.

New to kart racing and preping tires. I do not have a tire roller, can I use topaz to soften my maxis tires? Last year I bought a set rolled/shaved and used diamond and orange. This year I’m thinking about using black sand and Sapphire on one set of tires, is there anything to pull the prep out of a tire or will that not be a problem with switching?

putting different preps on tires already prepped with something else is the same as you mixing the preps together in the bottle/can, you might stumble on something that works for you, or you might find out the mix was a mistake, I suspect some preps for sale out there are unorthodox mixes of others formulas. when your new, following the manfacturers instructions is the best way to build a solid foundation of knowledge, along with keeping notes on what/how much on different track conditions works best for you IMO

I use the Black Sand / Sapphire on my Vegas where I run. The track is low bite and has a fine film of dusty sand. This combo works well.

^^^^^ same here. Then in the spring when we first start up ill be on SAA grape for a bit till the temps start to heat up. Its hard to beat a light wipe of black sand before feature time at our track. Occasionally though I find that the black sand locks it down pretty hard. Is there a good go to that's not gonna grip the tire up as bad, or should I just try upping the air 1/2 to 1 psi on the rights?

With you on the grape spring or fall when it's cool. Black sand is great for me because I run the 14.5ci class. If it bites up and I pick up a slight hop coming off the corner I'll go up 1-1.5 psi right side and it goes away. I'm 400# I'll throw out there and but it works for me.

I scale at 404 .... not a puck of lead on my kart either. It’s all me. Lol! Yes we run the grape early spring and late fall. Works well I like it to if the track hasn’t lost its moisture yet and is a bit damp.

For all who have a question about Venom Juice:

In 2007 Eric Rendleman came to us for some help in developing a tire treatment line and this became Venom Juice.
We made it and Eric made it work for his customers.
When Eric got sick we processed Eric's orders to keep his business going and we made sure Eric had some income while he was sick.
When Eric got back on his feet Eric took it back over and we continued to make it for him.
This continued until Eric got a great job and into a a great training program to be a machinist.
Quickly it became apparent Eric could not do both things and his future looked much brighter as a machinist.
At this point Track Tac took it back over and we planed to supply the products until the customers did not want Venom Juice.

Fast forward.
Kevin Bishop approached us after he left UltraMax.
He wanted to take Venom Juice to a new level,
We agreed and started supplying Kevin.

Note we have always made all of the Venom line.

When Kevin came up with a brilliant idea for post manufactured tire modification it was banned.
EVERYWHERE
The bad part was it really was brilliant and it got banned at the same time everyone was talking about breathing new life into karting.

This could have been some of the very new life everyone said was needed.

Needless to say Kevin Bishop walked away from karting very disillusioned and disheartened.

Now we have it back again. Time will tell what the future will be.

All the best,
Randy

Back