Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

What is a good ratio for red BTGP to acrysol ?

The more Acrysol you put with it the faster it will dry and will decrease the effectiveness of BTGP Red. If Im going to use BTGP or something that aggressive I will typically use it straight. If you are wanting to speed up the dry time I would just cut it 50/50.

Need recommendations for Yellow Vegas on a Champ Kart running at an asphalt car track in the Carolinas. Have 2 new sets plus a set of scuffs to work with. None have been cut or prepped & the outsides are thicks. Air temps during features could range anywhere from 50-90 degrees. Prep or no, and if so, what prep & where to prep?

If I had 3 sets ready to race in December and only used one set at the track. (Blues/Pinks)

I have wiped them once a week with SST5/Ruby (85/15) would they be over worked?

Used SQS/AT-2 (75/25) internally in December

Thanks

If I had 3 sets ready to race in December and only used one set at the track. (Blues/Pinks)

I have wiped them once a week with SST5/Ruby (85/15) would they be over worked?

Used SQS/AT-2 (75/25) internally in December

Thanks

I wouldnt call them over worked at all.

What are the guidelines for using the Quick Dry? For example, if I was running behind and wiped Black Sand on Wednesday night for a Saturday night race, what should my mixture be to speed up the cure time but also get the most out of the prep?

I have used black sand and acro 60/40 to speed up the process and it works well even at 50/50. I personally like to wipe black sand during the week say on Wednesday like you do and let it setup for 24 hours then just use a light wipe of rough cut diamond the day before and also at the track as needed.

I have used black sand and acro 60/40 to speed up the process and it works well even at 50/50. I personally like to wipe black sand during the week say on Wednesday like you do and let it setup for 24 hours then just use a light wipe of rough cut diamond the day before and also at the track as needed.
So you are wiping uncut black sand on Wednesday, or is it cut with Acrysol/Quick Dry?

What ratio do you use to turn a certain prep into something that dries quick enough to use trackside? I know Rough Cut Diamond dries quickly but other preps do not.

Straight black sand during the week on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I’ll let em cure up and then use diamond or I’ve cut black sand with acro. 50/50 works pretty well. I assume because your using black sand your race dry dusty slick type tracks? Black sand and SQS will make a nice PRW too it fires off and dries quick for when the sun goes down in the evenings.

Straight black sand during the week on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I’ll let em cure up and then use diamond or I’ve cut black sand with acro. 50/50 works pretty well. I assume because your using black sand your race dry dusty slick type tracks? Black sand and SQS will make a nice PRW too it fires off and dries quick for when the sun goes down in the evenings.
We race on a variety of track conditions around here, I just picked Black Sand as an example because I knew it had a decently long cure time. I am working on a new set of Cobra's (First time trying them) and I am running behind so I was just curious to see what options I had. I don't think I will need much prep really, I'm expecting a track with good grip and supposedly the Cobra's don't need a ton of prep to hook up. I was just curious about the Quick Dry since I haven't really found any information on it from Track Tac.

Quick dry is used like Acrysol but way better in my opinion I really like using it and for the price can't go wrong.

Personally I build bite during the week with Ruby/SST5 85/15 mix. (20% max on the SST5) That SST5 just takes a long time to dry.

I haven't ever done it but I have heard that you can lock yourself down if you get carried away with Blacksand during the week.

We race on a variety of track conditions around here, I just picked Black Sand as an example because I knew it had a decently long cure time. I am working on a new set of Cobra's (First time trying them) and I am running behind so I was just curious to see what options I had. I don't think I will need much prep really, I'm expecting a track with good grip and supposedly the Cobra's don't need a ton of prep to hook up. I was just curious about the Quick Dry since I haven't really found any information on it from Track Tac.
I ran my Cobras this past weekend. No internal at all just a 220 grit crosshatch to break the glaze and used some diamond to add bite. They take prep really nice. I ran them at 9 and 8 for air.

I ran my Cobras this past weekend. No internal at all just a 220 grit crosshatch to break the glaze and used some diamond to add bite. They take prep really nice. I ran them at 9 and 8 for air.
Good to know, appreciate the information. I've only ran one other set of tires that I didn't buy used so I'm hoping for good results this weekend. I ran Maxxis with one coat of Black Sand on Monday and wiped Rough Cut Diamond the day of the race and had really good results also. I won last weekend on a dry track that started out slick and finally gripped up just a little bit doing this on a different track, on a set of a year old Maxxis tires.

did you heat cycle the cobras ovaltech. I have always heard to scuff a set of new tires before prepping them. Just wondering how true it is or would just knocking the glaze off on my resurfacer be enough.

yeah I ran em on the parking lot near my house for 15 or 20 laps. As far as having to do it I never do that with my Vegas. These were cheap so I didn’t mind putting some pavement time on them.

Good to know, appreciate the information. I've only ran one other set of tires that I didn't buy used so I'm hoping for good results this weekend. I ran Maxxis with one coat of Black Sand on Monday and wiped Rough Cut Diamond the day of the race and had really good results also. I won last weekend on a dry track that started out slick and finally gripped up just a little bit doing this on a different track, on a set of a year old Maxxis tires.
I ran mine on high air I have never been anywhere near 9 psi with a vega. That said even at 9 they feel like a soft thick Vega does.. they roll into your turn nice then kinda roll over a bit onto the sidewall before they bit up and dig in. You get used to it... lol

Ok ive got some new maxxis and was waiting to scuff them in at the track. A lot of trouble for me to get to a parking lot and find someone to help me unload to scuff them. Thanks for the answer. Probably gonna be trying the cobras soon.

Back