Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

How about yellow vegas on pavement during the winter months in the southeast?

Could be in the 30's lets say for example?

If you typically run Blacksand/Quick Dry or Blacksand/Ruby during the summer/spring months.

When it gets to fall when do you switch off of that?

What drives the decision? (Air temperature, etc.)

What is the outside you switch to? Sapphire?

(Racing in the Carolinas)

Thanks in advance

If you typically run Blacksand/Quick Dry or Blacksand/Ruby during the summer/spring months.

When it gets to fall when do you switch off of that?

What drives the decision? (Air temperature, etc.)

What is the outside you switch to? Sapphire?

(Racing in the Carolinas)

Thanks in advance
The bite level in the track should always be what causes you to change preps. It does have a correlation to temps . The colder the racing surface is the less likely it is to have bite. My next step down from Black Sand would be GK1 Blue.

Many "cut" or "treated" tires reduce the tire temps. For example hot lap ii claims it reduces tire temps by 18 to 20 degrees. Do you adjust air pressures higher so the tire does not come in too early?

The whole theory behind reducing tire temps was originally stated for stock car tires not go kart tires. Its doing that in a stock car by reducing tire spin. If you are racing go karts you wont see a difference in tire temps, we like heat.

Wet and cold SC dirt oval racing in the mid state this time of year. What would be good for track PRW in the 30-40 degree temps?

I want everyone to get ready and realize a gruesome time is coming in the prices for everything.
It started with the pipeline cancelation and then the big freeze in Texas.
There are chemical plants all over the country that still have not started back up.
Some chemicals used in many karting areas have doubled and tripled in price when you buy a full tanker truck.
Virtually all chemicals are in short supply. Some chemicals are just not available.

At Track Tac, we are in good shape as far as raw materials, but our costs have gone up to ensure we have supplies.
There are chemicals we would buy 20 drums at a time and recently we have been told: "you can have two drums" or worse "you can have one drum."

I am not trying to scare anyone, but our prices will be going up as our old supplies are depleted.
I will apologize in advance, but it is beyond our control. We are convinced some groups are controlling it, but it is not us.

Everyone needs to keep in their minds that everything they use or buy starts as a basic chemical.
The more complex the item is, the more complex the chemistry is, and then the higher the prices will be.

I have not found any sector in the economy that will not be affected.
Food is going up.
Fuel is going up.
Construction costs are way up and still rising.
Name anything, and it is or will be going up.
It has reminded me of the 1970s, and it got terrible before it started getting better.

Sorry for the bad news, but don't kill the messenger.
Randy

I want everyone to get ready and realize a gruesome time is coming in the prices for everything.
It started with the pipeline cancelation and then the big freeze in Texas.
There are chemical plants all over the country that still have not started back up.
Some chemicals used in many karting areas have doubled and tripled in price when you buy a full tanker truck.
Virtually all chemicals are in short supply. Some chemicals are just not available.

At Track Tac, we are in good shape as far as raw materials, but our costs have gone up to ensure we have supplies.
There are chemicals we would buy 20 drums at a time and recently we have been told: "you can have two drums" or worse "you can have one drum."

I am not trying to scare anyone, but our prices will be going up as our old supplies are depleted.
I will apologize in advance, but it is beyond our control. We are convinced some groups are controlling it, but it is not us.

Everyone needs to keep in their minds that everything they use or buy starts as a basic chemical.
The more complex the item is, the more complex the chemistry is, and then the higher the prices will be.

I have not found any sector in the economy that will not be affected.
Food is going up.
Fuel is going up.
Construction costs are way up and still rising.
Name anything, and it is or will be going up.
It has reminded me of the 1970s, and it got terrible before it started getting better.

Sorry for the bad news, but don't kill the messenger.
Randy
Absolute fact Randy, I'm a procurement manager for a major company and buy a lot of resins, Plasticizers, epoxidized soybean etc and we are seeing Force Majeures and significant cost increases across the board. I've had to shut our coatings line down twice already due to lack of raw materials. This new administration we have is definitely not making anything better...

Could you/would it be worth doing...

Calculate the inside tire tread surface and adjust ounces of prep needed to bring down duro x amount of points via percentage of difference in inside tire tread surface for larger or smaller tires?

Yellow vegas on dirt. (thicks or thin?)

Do you work them internally and externally?
It just depends. I feel like the thicks and thins have a place and time. We typically run thicks when you are needing a duro below 25 and thins up to about 35. I personally dont do much internally, typically 2oz on the inside and then bring them the rest of the way down on the outside.

Back