Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

I am very curious if one of the tire makers had came up with the sidewall strengthened idea if it would have been banned so quickly or even banned at all??

I am very curious if one of the tire makers had came up with the sidewall strengthened idea if it would have been banned so quickly or even banned at all??

It would have been a bold effort to make karting more affordable and proof only of their love for the sport! ;)

For all who have a question about Venom Juice:

In 2007 Eric Rendleman came to us for some help in developing a tire treatment line and this became Venom Juice.
We made it and Eric made it work for his customers.
When Eric got sick we processed Eric's orders to keep his business going and we made sure Eric had some income while he was sick.
When Eric got back on his feet Eric took it back over and we continued to make it for him.
This continued until Eric got a great job and into a a great training program to be a machinist.
Quickly it became apparent Eric could not do both things and his future looked much brighter as a machinist.
At this point Track Tac took it back over and we planed to supply the products until the customers did not want Venom Juice.

Fast forward.
Kevin Bishop approached us after he left UltraMax.
He wanted to take Venom Juice to a new level,
We agreed and started supplying Kevin.

Note we have always made all of the Venom line.

When Kevin came up with a brilliant idea for post manufactured tire modification it was banned.
EVERYWHERE
The bad part was it really was brilliant and it got banned at the same time everyone was talking about breathing new life into karting.

This could have been some of the very new life everyone said was needed.

Needless to say Kevin Bishop walked away from karting very disillusioned and disheartened.

Now we have it back again. Time will tell what the future will be.

All the best,
Randy

Thank you Randy for clearing the air, especially for us located way out in here in the frozen tundra of the great Midwest....

Got a race this weekend. brand new Clay put on the track last week and never been ran. Running ht3s on and normally medium to high bight track. Started conditioning last night with GK1 outside preparing for a 70° or hotter day. There’s been very little moisture this week and the temperatures are now going to be 60 and below. should I swap to grape or do you think the tires will become too soft they’re already about 55. I also forgot to mention pretty high kart count expected

Got a race this weekend. brand new Clay put on the track last week and never been ran. Running ht3s on and normally medium to high bight track. Started conditioning last night with GK1 outside preparing for a 70° or hotter day. There’s been very little moisture this week and the temperatures are now going to be 60 and below. should I swap to grape or do you think the tires will become too soft they’re already about 55. I also forgot to mention pretty high kart count expected

Thats a really tough question because nobody knows about the new clay. I would be scared to wipe with the Grape if you dont think there is going to be much moisture in the track. I would just have a couple different options for tires if you can, this weekend will be a learning experience for everyone. If you are going to where I think you are I heard they put down 2ft of dirt on the track so who knows what to expect.

That is exactly where I’m going! I got nine sets on all ends of the spectrum. Just thinking with all the rain we’ve had that Clay has got to have moisture in it. There’s not a dry piece of ground in the whole state LOL Thanks for the help I’ll let you know what the track did.

I run a champ on Burris 55’s. I have been using venom red wiped on during the week and this has worked well. I’m about to get a new set of tires but would like to work with the existing set as a qualifying set. I know that internal rolling 33s usually isn’t a great idea but I’ve been considering trying something on the inside of the 55s. I run on a smaller track that is usually dry and hard but doesn’t gain much bite. The tires I plan on experimenting with have about 80 laps on them. Any tips on what may be a good internal prep to try that will help gain bite without softening? Other than the venom red I use trac tac products only. Thanks!

Our first product that will be getting a makeover is our original inside treatment, Kryptonite. When we first made the Kryptonite we were still running Firestones and thin rubber Blue Maxxis. A lot has changed since then as well as the chemicals it takes to internally prepare tires. We have been testing many different inside treatments over the last 5 years and finally decided it was time to offer the public a "New and Improved" version of our Kryptonite. Our biggest concern was finding the proper balance between chemicals to operate on a local Saturday night event as well as racing in the highest level in the country. We feel confident that our "New and Improved" Kryptonite will be one of the most versatile internal treatments on the market. Here is a list of what you will see and what to expect with using the new Kryptonite.

~ 1 point duro drop per 10cc's used on a 9.00 tire.
~ more grip than your traditional inside treatments.
~ a tire that will take 8-10 weeks before the need to reroll.

Look for the "New and Improved" Kryptonite to hit the shelves within the next 2-3 weeks. If you have any questions feel free to give us a call at 336-474-3500.

Interesting concept .
Several things would affect this imo.
Use , outside prep and amount , tread depth and storage situation.

How many points does a tire treated with the new Kryptonite harden per week?

Thats a good question. There is a lot of variables that come into play with the tire hardening besides just internal prep. For instance if the tire is ran vs remaining new, is it wiped on vs not, is it in a climate controlled room? As far as just rolling a tire and letting it sit on the shelf new with no wipes in 70 degree temperature the tire will harden up about 1 point every couple of weeks.

What should drive my decision between using Diluted SST5 vs. Black Sand? They both seem to be for similar track conditions with a similar goal (Add bite without softening)

Use the SST-5 & ruby mix during the week to build bite. (20% SST-5 Max)

Black sand at the track mixed as needed. The quick dry by TT to me is one of the best things to come out recently. Mixes great with black sand and helps with the dry time.

Might help with the SST-5 dry time some but I hadn't tried it.

Back