Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

no not harsh actually helps the tire quite a bit. It will soften the more you wipe. I can’t remember if you can use it internal or not.

let me clear up what I said before the internet police show up, unlike goat and other harsh preps topaz has stuff in it that will help the tires lifespan out. It is however very aggressive. I consider it an aggressive prep not harsh.

I have used it in place of GP at the track and it works well. If I use it to soften tires will they lose that duro quickly say a week or 2 or will it last longer? Thank you for helping me out ovaltech.

I am running Yellow Vegas on a sandy clay track that is a 1/8 mile. I built a tire rotisserie and I want to know what prep to start with on new Yellow Vegas. My tires usually work best punching in the low 30s

I am running Yellow Vegas on a sandy clay track that is a 1/8 mile. I built a tire rotisserie and I want to know what prep to start with on new Yellow Vegas. My tires usually work best punching in the low 30s

BTGP Red and SAA Grape mixed 50/50 work really well to get them down that soft.

BTGP Red and SAA Grape mixed 50/50 work really well to get them down that soft.
Rolled inside ? Or wiped outside ?

Rolled inside ? Or wiped outside ?
i did outside on maxxis and liked the out come

Last edited:
I rolled mine inside with SAA GRAPE. 2 oz right sides 1 oz left sides. That prep softens tires up nice. We use those as for the first few and last few races of the season here in Pa. The track gets moisture from the dew and temps drop off pretty good.

I'm looking for prep advise.

Stock Predator class (allowed a header/muffler, aftermarket air filter, and carb jetting). 1/8 mile D shaped oval, running Cobra Ties, slight scuff to remove the top layer of glaze.

Track gets dusty, some say its medium bite, some say it borders on dry slick when cold temperatures come in the fall.

I'm looking for an external prep. I know there is no such thing as an all purpose prep, but being new at this prep stuff, I'm looking for something that I can get my feet wet with that won't harm tires or is toxic enough to grow me a third eye.

Al help would be most appreciated.

I would say orange , ruby and black sand .
If I only wanted one it would be orange .
The home page has a link too trac-tac and the brochure .

AA148655-123A-4517-9774-4D5EE73D2984.jpeg

it get that dusty ?

I have multiple sets of cobras.... no prep at all is usually my go to come feature time. If I wipe some prep it is usually use orange or rough cut diamond on that type of track. Cobras are very prep sensitive anything to aggressive on that surface takes away what they naturally do best in my eyes. I use them and win with them! Great tire.

What is the best PRW to keep from picking stuff off the track on dusty tracks? Been using orange this summer. Its starting to get cooler out and about midnight we will get some dew/moisture but doesn't seem to be bleeding back.

What is the best PRW to keep from picking stuff off the track on dusty tracks? Been using orange this summer. Its starting to get cooler out and about midnight we will get some dew/moisture but doesn't seem to be bleeding back.

Mix the SQS and Orange 50/50. It will dry fast and give good bite.

Back