Track Tac SST5 Purple

race760

We have been running track tac products with some success but we are looking for something in their line that develops more bite than black sand. We run on a low bite track that at times gets dusty and even more difficult to get a hold of. The track is a mixture of a good bit of sand with red clay. Just doing some research it seems SST5 can deliver a lot more bite than black sand. We are on Maxxis.

Has anyone used this with success and is the most aggressive bite chemical in track tac line?

Thanks

Have you seen something aggressive tested that works with dry dusty ? I ask because USUALLY dry dusty and aggressive prep are not a good combo.

I agree dry dusty was not a good place for sst5 and I like the stuff. I use black sand and Acro on dry dusty. I may try some black sand and sst5 to see what happens there.

If you read trac tac prep guide, it says this is good for hard dry dusty conditions, I can say I haven't used it in that situation yet but I have experimented with it in a low duro condition, If you read the guide it says gives fantastic BITE, so I was thinking outside the box! Hopefully someone with a whole heck of alot more knowledge will chime in and help you out!

Alright I’ll give up my concoction that seems to work for me it’s only tire prep....... Black Sand during the week Monday and again Tuesday let set and cure up till Friday and hit it with Diamond on Saturday 2 wipes throughout the day. Diamond sets up pretty quick so you can use it at the track and you can even cut it with Acro if you need to speed things up. But like I said before that Black Sand and Acro seems to work well. Usually if that don’t get it it’s time to ditch the yellows for the blues!

I don't ever see anyone talk about using it. Its annoying how greasy it stays for so long. I liked cutting it with acrysol or the original tire tuff to cut the time that greasy feeling sticks around. I used it on car tires and it really put some oils back in some depleted natural rubber tires. I have only used it on kart tires once and haven't run them yet.

5C5DE6B8-2ABC-40B7-942B-FED84100CFBA.png

We have been running track tac products with some success but we are looking for something in their line that develops more bite than black sand. We run on a low bite track that at times gets dusty and even more difficult to get a hold of. The track is a mixture of a good bit of sand with red clay. Just doing some research it seems SST5 can deliver a lot more bite than black sand. We are on Maxxis.

Has anyone used this with success and is the most aggressive bite chemical in track tac line?

Thanks

I use the SST5 a lot during the week. I like to mix it with Ruby to help aid in the cure time. I wouldnt recommend going over 25% SST5.

You mix with Ruby or Pink Ruby?
I had issues with Ruby separating with other TT products. How can you tell what TT products are compatable with each other? I use TT exclusively

I don’t remember the pattern but if you look at the guide and FAQ at the very bottom of their web page it gives the answer. Something about plastic bottles and metal cans but don’t know off my head.

You mix with Ruby or Pink Ruby?
I had issues with Ruby separating with other TT products. How can you tell what TT products are compatable with each other? I use TT exclusively

Pink Ruby. We havent made the original in about 5 or 6 years now so most of that should be out of circulation.

Ruby and SST5 75/25 mixes well. A little quick dry might help the drying process. Haven't tried it other than the 75/25 mix.

Back