Traction control

No one can react as fast as electronic traction control does. It reads difference in front wheel speed versus rear and adjust the throttle accordingly. Makes like 10 adjustments per second ( not sure of the number).

Flash, you got it exactly, good thing some drivers are just better at it than others. BTW, I saw a guy named, John Burke, at a big drag race in Englishtown, N.J. have it in his A/D rail he was a computer guru, even back in 1961, it would begin shorting cyls. out when rear wheel speed reached a certain % faster than the fronts.

Flash, you got it exactly, good thing some drivers are just better at it than others. BTW, I saw a guy named, John Burke, at a big drag race in Englishtown, N.J. have it in his A/D rail he was a computer guru, even back in 1961, it would begin shorting cyls. out when rear wheel speed reached a certain % faster than the fronts.
in 1961, if I remember right, computers were still using vacuum tubes. Most were pretty big. Most were very expensive, in the extreme. Not saying he didn't do it, not saying he wasn't a computer guru, just I doubt he had an electronic computer doing the job. Probably some sort of mechanical device. A computer, by definition, doesn't have to be electronic. In the early days, a computer was the person operating the device.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back