Trailer flooring & AC options

I am looking to make some upgrades to a 20' trailer we just bought.

1) it currently has the standard plywood floor which is in decent shape. I would like to cover it possibly with rubber coin flooring. Any other options that won't break the break and where is the best place to buy?

2) I wanted to find a trailer with AC but settled on one without. AC is a nice to have but not a necessity. Are there any cost effective ways to add AC?

The easiest is a portable ac unit .
The cheapest is a window ac . Mount on floor sticking out over the tounge for minimal space intrusion .
Watch for rv ac units to go on sale , that is probably the best option .

Insulate the roof for maximum return on your A/C. The inverter driven mini-splits will put to shame anything else, but are a bit pricey.

most cargo trailers that size, already have a roof vent cut in roof. it is a standard size cut out. that is the same size hole that a roof mounted rv ac will fit. if you check with your local rv sales lots, one my have a used or repaired unit, or may know a repair shop that could help. takes 110v, run in ceiling. preditor 3500 gen from harbor freight does a nice quiet job, 2000 honda won't. insulate at least ceiling, beef up roof trusses front & rear of ac unit, because of added weight. hope this helps.

Back