Trailer Setup

Brianf60

New to the sport and I have a trailer on it's way. 6 x 14. I'm looking for pictures and ideas for setup. I have 2 Sprint karts right now (me and 1 son) and most probably another one next year. How does everyone lay out there trailer and how do you secure your karts? I was thinking about putting e track on the floor and strapping the karts over the tires. Thoughts?

Up against the wall saves room, but necessitates draining the tank after you're done for the day. I'm in favor of a stacker stand, roll one under, place one over. Kinda' the best of both worlds, IMO. My last 6 x 12 I had a platform built in rear where I could just wheel kart off stand into trailer. Was kinda' nice, and still had room for tools, etc. underneath. I made sure that platform was removable in case I wanted to haul dirtbikes, lumber, or ?? however.
Stacker Kart Stand from KKP | 691073 | BMI Karts And Parts

Or a Rolling Stacker makes it easier maneuvering around too. Couple of different options and accessories from Streeter Super Stands as well.

0002487_streeter-double-stacker-blue-sprint.jpg

Thanks. I don't want the hassle of draining the fuel and oil each time. How does everyone strap their karts down?

I personally strap my kart to the rolling stand using the nerf bar mounts and then strap the rolling stand to the trailer using d-rings and/or floor track. Depending on your rolling stand you may need to secure that back of the kart as well. Has worked for me for several years. Never lost a kart onto the floor.

DD

We did E-Track in our low budget trailer. Lots of options.
Make two levels and disassemble the upper when at the track maybe ?

we haul 3 karts in a 12ft Vnose trailer... 1 on the trailer floor to the front and 2 on a home made stacker stand.. it has 2 extentions on the left side that lock into receivers on the trailer wall that both locate it and secure it... we then strap it down to z track (ebay for ztrack accessories) I used very little Z track I just didn't like it on the floor so what is on the floor is next to the walls and I used several of the single slot ztrack mounts... lay out your trailer how you will use it and figure out where you will need D-rings or the z track...

Set your trailer up as if you have to do all the loading/unloading and work in the trailer by yourself. It will make things a lot easier. I set mine up thinking I would always have help and found out that didn't happen every race. Re-thought the whole deal, made some changes, and the whole deal is a lot easier whether I have help or not.

Thanks. This is what I have so far. E-track on the floor and one wall. Tool box can be fasten by e-track. Work bench built. Now it's time for tire racks!

Attachments

• image1~2.jpeg
    image1~2.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 443
I built a shelf in my trailer to double stack them, it's a 7 x 16. It does double duty as a vintage snowmobile hauler, so I had to make the shelf easy to get out of the way. Each shelf half is hinged to the wall and can swing up and latch out of the way. I used 2x4 for cross pieces, and they can picked out of the side mounts and stored away. It took a few prototypes to get it perfected, but it works very well now and we can haul four karts with no problem.

Attachments

• DSCN3649.JPG
    DSCN3649.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 330
I personally strap my kart to the rolling stand using the nerf bar mounts and then strap the rolling stand to the trailer using d-rings and/or floor track. Depending on your rolling stand you may need to secure that back of the kart as well. Has worked for me for several years. Never lost a kart onto the floor.

DD
This is exactly what i do. Roll them in on the stands and roll them out on the stands. Works nice.

Good stuff in this thread. Keep it coming.
Debating this myself at the moment. I have a 5x10 enclosed with barn doors that I don't love, but still functions fine. I also have open car hauler.
Thinking about upgrading to an enclosed car hauler that can do double duty for my race car, and also serve my kid's kart habit (We now have two different style karts). Many common tools and such. As it is I probably have to rethink my packing of the current trailer, as their is no side door. I typically put the kart in first, and the remainder of the gear behind. That means all the gear has to come out to move a kart in or out....and now with two that'll be a pain. Really want a ramp door and side door.

I found these hooks at Home Depot that seem to be the perfect size for helmets. I don’t leave them hanging while towing. Right now I pack them in the truck. But they do a great job of getting them off the work bench and keep them clean. Im finding that you can put a lot of stuff in a modest sized trailer if you plan it out.

Attachments

• 507AA47B-1C48-4AAE-BB92-195574FD048C.jpeg
    507AA47B-1C48-4AAE-BB92-195574FD048C.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 191
I've had 3 karts in my 16 foot trailer ( really 14 foot because of counters across the front. One on its rolling stand, 2 on a rolling double kart stacker. Drawbacks: the stacked karts on the stand are heavy and hard for me to push up into the trailer, plus you need to have a 3rd rolling stand which rode in the back of my pickup.

One more thing to consider. I prefer to work on karts outside my trailer at the track, as do a lot of people. So I have a foldable table I place under the canopy behind the trailer, a good light to work under, and tools etc. on the table. Trailer is set up to easily retrieve the outdoor things I need and does leave room in the trailer for inside work on bad weather days, or a place inside to do tire work.

Back