trailor door/tounge locks ?

I'm considering getting sponsored by Stinky's Septic Services with brown vinyl instead of red......and leaving a plastic bucket of dog waste underneath trailer.

If your trailer is near your house or garage with AC available, my suggestion is to put up a motion sensing dual bulb flood lamp and a dummy security camera in obvious sight after the light goes on. You can get both for less then $50.

I like gadgets and I put in my own sec system with 8 cameras around the house and I also have motion sensing lights. Sure the neighbors cat trips the light off just about every night, but if you set it to only be on for a minute, if there's no more movement it just goes out. If there is more movement and it stays on, then you can get what's needed to deal with extended 'on time' of the light and check it out.

What's cool is with the camera's I don't even have to get up off my butt to check stuff out. Just switch the TV, my PC or tablet over to the cameras and look to see what's going on outside. Also I don't have a fancy cell phone but I do have a cheap Android tablet. With it if I'm away and in a wifi spot, I can simply tap the security app and see what my cameras are seeing. I didn't need all eight cameras that came with it around the house and also put one in the furnace mechanical area of the basement. That way if a smoke detector or monoxide detector goes off, I don't have to chance going down the basement to see if there's any serious problem. I've not tried it yet and only thought about it now typing this reply but, as far as inside the house goes, when I'm away I think all I have to do is turn Skipe on the TV and old PC and I can hit an app on my Android to check out areas inside the house. I'll have to check to see if skipe can be setup to auto answer. Also when I'm away if I want I can have the outside camera's email or text me if they sense motion. That way if it's convenient or if I feel like it I can find a hot spot and look in.

If you already have one of them fancy phones, you can check stuff anytime you want without having to find Wi-Fi when your away. You can mask areas that animals would normally travel and keep the camera's from going off falsely. Only problem I've had is recently when the wind was up and the leaves were being blown off the trees. But the trees are mostly bare now and it was only one night.

Your not going to keep someone out who's intent on breaking in, but you can make them think twice about weather or not it's worth their effort and worth the chance. Plus it's fun playing with the gadgets which are not really that expensive if you shop right.

One other thing you can do is to go to Walmart and buy a couple or a few cheap battery operated window/door alarms. There cheap I think probably less then $20 each. They take a code to set and de-activate if they go off. I suggest putting three of them inside your trailer. One is sort of loud and the thief can find it and smash it to make it quit. But place three at different places around the inside of the door and it makes one heck of a racket you can hear from far away. Also if you put three of them inside the trailer, it will take three times the time for a thief to find them and smash them. With three going off and coming from different directions at him or her, they probably won't stick around long enough to take much.

Next on my wish list is one of them fancy wifi thermostats and a remote wifi lock for the door.

I did a duck on the cheap alarms. Here's what you need. There cheap buy three or four and put them inside your trailer door. With three or four they will make one heck of a racket when the door is opened.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-45117-...bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

Only down side is when your trailer is armed and you go in it, you'll have to un-arm three or four noisy units. Once disarmed they won't go off again until you arm them before you shut the door. And again, if you put them at different places around the inside of the door, it will take anyone who breaks in some time to find them all and smash them. Even one is noisy three or four and there ain't nobody going to stick around to look for them and disable them.

ps... this might do the trick for even less money. Put all the alarms and sensors on the same door. I have not checked them out, but it looks like for $20 you can have four units mounted on the inside of the same door and all go off if the door is opened.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Wirele...gMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

hummmm... this thing looks cool. I have the outside covered and can get messaged to look in on my house if there's activity outside. I can add this and it will call me if anyone breaks in and also have motion detectors as backup incase they un-arm the entry sensors. Ok, I then can remotely check outside, know if someone goes inside and then watch and record them while there inside.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mace-Wire...bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

Too bad it's not legal to remotely aim and fire a weapon on the intruder.

hummmm... maybe there's a market for remote controlled illuminated so the intruder knows what's pointing at them 'fake' gun, with a laser light to pin point where your 'fake' bullet will go. I wonder how may crooks would stick around if they saw a remote gun up high pointing down at them and maybe an audio warning about what was going to happen if they did not leave?

The way things are now a days, if you did that you'd probably get into trouble for scaring the burglar to death. ... :)

but let's not get political on this..

hope I helped with some ideas to protect your trailer

What ever you do, the last thing you should want to do is to confront someone weather you have a suitable weapon or not. That makes everything else you may want to do for fun and security, worth it.

I saw all the stuff I use posted above so I will chime in with "you ain't going to stop someone who really wants it". I just do the best I can to make it miserable for them - more than one type of lock/obstruction/noisemaker. So far the thieves have left me alone.
Just make it hell for them - wheel locks & chocks, tongue lock, trailer brake and anything else you can think of to slow them down.
Always thought about a motion-activated tape recorder that would play the sound of a 12 gauge chambering a round....
the sound of a ticked off doberman and something to shake the trailer for about 15 seconds would probably do too.

i have moved Busters kennel next to trailor for now . he is big and loud and looks verry intimidating so i feel safe for now . it empty anyways

Blood brother to the steel bar through the wheels side to side with cut resistant locks in post #12 above - if you have a tandem axle trailer, loop a piece of the hardened steel boltcutter resistant chain from wheel to wheel through the spokes on the same side with a cut resistant lock (the round high security padlocks are good for this).

I think it was a figure of speech saying the the method after that statement is "related" to the steel bar....just uses chain instead?

Back