trailor door/tounge locks ?

so guys , i now have my first enclosed trailor . so i'm asking what are some of the better locks out there for enclosed trailor doors . the ones i have on it now are temporary ..............thanks

There all good locks for the purpose I use those big silver locks that are round and you can't cut them with bolt cutters I can't remember the brand and name of the lock I believe there master locks. And for the toung u can go to wal mart or autozone and buy the ones that look like a ball hitch that go inside the toung just like your hooking up your trailer and they lock, just don't loose ur keys there a pain in the butt to get off if you do loose em lol

who makes a good tounge lock also

Consider.........

The easier you make it for you to hook-up-and-go..........the easier it is for a trailer thief to do the same.
With cordless grinders to defeat locks, pins, hasps and hinges........trailer thieves are more efficient in stealing a trailer, or gaining access to trailer contents.

With cordless sheet metal shears, cutting an access hole in the trailer skin bypasses doors and locks. The same thing can be achieved with a cheap hatchet, but is noisier.

Motion sensor lights and alarms are helpful. More helpful if the trailer is not parked in a readily accessible location.

Consider.........

The easier you make it for you to hook-up-and-go..........the easier it is for a trailer thief to do the same.
With cordless grinders to defeat locks, pins, hasps and hinges........trailer thieves are more efficient in stealing a trailer, or gaining access to trailer contents.

With cordless sheet metal shears, cutting an access hole in the trailer skin bypasses doors and locks. The same thing can be achieved with a cheap hatchet, but is noisier.

Motion sensor lights and alarms are helpful. More helpful if the trailer is not parked in a readily accessible location.
I just think you look at things from the right angles. Man you answer questions the best way possible. Makes people think about the approach to doing something.
JMO

...............If someone wants to get in bad enough they will, but hopefully I'll have my clip in before they have time to get the lock off...........

Assuming that you will be near the trailer 24/7 .........to get your clip in........to be able to use it.

A steel rod through the tires from one side to the other, with locks that can't be cut, works good for keeping the trailer from being stolen. BUT

As for what's inside, DarthDuck was right on the money. If they want what's inside, there ain't much you can do to keep them out.

I use the master lock circle locks on the doors and the master lock tongue lock that goes up in the ball got them both up at Lowe's I also pull my trailer brakes breakaway pin so the trailers brakes are locked down and it can't be move if they got past the tongue lock.

I saw all the stuff I use posted above so I will chime in with "you ain't going to stop someone who really wants it". I just do the best I can to make it miserable for them - more than one type of lock/obstruction/noisemaker. So far the thieves have left me alone.
Just make it hell for them - wheel locks & chocks, tongue lock, trailer brake and anything else you can think of to slow them down.
Always thought about a motion-activated tape recorder that would play the sound of a 12 gauge chambering a round....

I have my white trailer without kart decals or numbers. I had a custom decals made with large 3 feet by 3 feet BIOHAZARD symbol and the words below it BIOHAZARD WASTE in red color on the rear and all 4 sides and by the side door it read Caution enters with biohazard suit before entry. I never had a problem and karts track freak out when I pull up.

i have my white trailer without kart decals or numbers. I had a custom decals made with large 3 feet by 3 feet biohazard symbol and the words below it biohazard waste in red color on the rear and all 4 sides and by the side door it read caution enters with biohazard suit before entry. I never had a problem and karts track freak out when i pull up.

like.................!!!!!!!!

Back