Transponder beacon mounting?

I know I’m overthinking this but where do most people mount their transponder beacon on their kart. Mounting for a junior driver. Thanks in advance.

I mount it to the top center edge of the fairing closest to me. Then I drill a big 1/2” hole so the cable (the connector is big) can be ran through the fairing to keep the cabling clean. Velcro also works but I’m not a fan of things not being bolted. The two bolt holes of the pickup are 1/8”, mock it up and sharpie your pattern on. Pretty easy

Either fairing or back side of steering wheel spoke. I’ve seen them on left side panels but that can be risky

6AB1B884-789B-4D54-AEDF-A6215BCD4688.jpeg

Zoom in and you will see what I’m talking about

Kirby , if you are talking about one for a Mycron or such , make it so it can be turned . Some tracks use it on the inside of the track , but most use it outside . If your talking about a track provided transponder that goes in the pouch , most of them ask that you mount it to the bottom of the steering shaft .

If it’s your mychron beacon most mount on fairing. If it’s a race issued beacon it could be on the steering shaft or left rear seat strut.

Yes the 5 will work on any outdoor track. Indoors it needs a beacon.
i have a 5 and have only ran it outdoors. I have a beacon mounted to it. We are racing indoors in a couple weeks do i need to go in and manually change it or will it do it automatically?

i have a 5 and have only ran it outdoors. I have a beacon mounted to it. We are racing indoors in a couple weeks do i need to go in and manually change it or will it do it automatically?
We’ve never changed anything, just plugged it in and went.

Back