tread question

A buddy ordered some burris treads. Ordered a 12x8 and 11.5x8.5. Both are rolling around 37.25 without any shrinking/stretching. 12 is on a 8.25 and 11.5 is on 8.5. Could i put him one on a 10in to get some stagger and run it on the lr? If so which one would you suggest?

I wouldn't.

I'd use heat and cold to size the tires to what you want, always using the wider tire on the right sides.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
You think i can get to 1.25 or more by stretching/shrinking? Ive never messed with burris stuff, i used a tire band to try to keep them from stretching. Also i read somewhere the other day to try to always use 2in wider wheel than the tire. If that was the case i should be around 10 on both of these but that still doesnt help my stagger issue. Flat kart thats about what it comes out to but that might be different we are using an 8 on the right with 10in wheels 6 on lr with 8.25 or bigger wheel.

Thats going to be tough .
Personally I never had much luck stretching or shrinking treads .
After roasting one I gave up . Ran the 2 " plus a 11/5.50/6 ,12/9/6 gave me .

9 1/4 wont help much . 1/4" at best .
My assumption the 11.5/7/6 on 8 1/8 will be similar .
Treads are just plain big .
Mounting techniques would have more to do with it then wheel size.

9 1/4 wont help much . 1/4" at best .
My assumption the 11.5/7/6 on 8 1/8 will be similar .
Treads are just plain big .
Mounting techniques would have more to do with it then wheel size.
They don't have to be if the promoters would allow the racers to use the tire sizes that work best on lower powered karts.
Forcing folks to use tires designed for the power of the 250 and 500cc engines is ridiculous. It doesn't save anyone any money on tires (as they claim.) It only causes more frustration and inherent danger with folks trying to size these tires to make them work.

There are tire sizes available that yield 34" right sides like every flat kart was designed for.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back