Treaded tire

Generally one inch wider then the tire .
Wider stiffens the sidewall , narrower softens it .
Flat kart , champ or winged outlaw ?

I’m switching over to treaded tires and I was wondering what wheel sizes I should go with
First question: Does your track mandate a specific brand, size, or compound to use?
Most of the treads were designed to be used with higher HP 250 & 500cc motorcycle engines on winged outlaw cage karts, and not designed for lower HP flat karts, therefore the sizes are considerably too larger (width and roll-out.)

We offer a set of treads with ~34" right sides like what flat karts are designed for. They are considerably smaller than the tires that the 250 & 500cc cars use. If you are allowed, they will be a huge advantage.
We also offer cutting and prepping if you choose to go that route as well.

Give us a call if we can be of any help.
Vector Cutz Treaded Tire.jpg

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

First question: Does your track mandate a specific brand, size, or compound to use?
Most of the treads were designed to be used with higher HP 250 & 500cc motorcycle engines on winged outlaw cage karts, and not designed for lower HP flat karts, therefore the sizes are considerably too larger (width and roll-out.)

We offer a set of treads with ~34" right sides like what flat karts are designed for. They are considerably smaller than the tires that the 250 & 500cc cars use. If you are allowed, they will be a huge advantage.
We also offer cutting and prepping if you choose to go that route as well.

Give us a call if we can be of any help.
View attachment 19116

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
They require a Burris tire and it is a stock appearing class there are a few guys already running treaded tires in the class. If you don’t mind how much are the tires that you cut?

They require a Burris tire and it is a stock appearing class there are a few guys already running treaded tires in the class. If you don’t mind how much are the tires that you cut?
Better question for Sarah in the office -- I "think" they are $60 - $100 more than slicks, depending on the sizes you need.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Back