Treads

JanGaLanG

At our track in the stock appearing class you have the option to run slicks or treads. The guys on treads are tearing it up and monkey see monkey do I'm wanting a set. We have a Burris tire rule at our track and I see they have a tx-11 and tx-22 and different tread patterns.The track is a small banked sandy track. I'm running a stalker chassis. Anybody out there with experience want to give me their take on the route they believe I should go?

My experience is with the k series . Lefts i ran the 6/6 .
I ran the 9.5 on the right .
I might be tempeted to run the 8's .
The nines you need big power and big gear . We ran 11-80-84 with a modified flatty 7K plus on a bull ring .soft river bottom dirt .

I bought a tire groover and make my own treaded SS-11's. I can cut the treads more or less aggressive. When the track is real soft treads are the ticket. Monkey see monkey do is right. A lot of other karts have a set of my treads in their trailer. Some guys run treads every week even if they should be on slicks.

Depending on how much HP your putting to them, run as small of tire as you can get away with.
If you were on Hoosiers, I'd have you on considerably smaller tires, but with Burris you are somewhat limited. Current availability is yet another issue.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I bought a tire groover and make my own treaded SS-11's. I can cut the treads more or less aggressive. When the track is real soft treads are the ticket. Monkey see monkey do is right. A lot of other karts have a set of my treads in their trailer. Some guys run treads every week even if they should be on slicks.
I did a set of Vega right sides like this a couple years ago for a customer that absolutely cleaned house. They were made illegal the following week and a spec tire was introduced.

Back