Triton Color

jc57

Wanting to redo my '14 Triton Frame. Any tips on how to get the original color? can it be sandblasted and then just a clear powder coat applied or is it a certain color?

Thanks

I'm guessing its clear now ? Sandblasting it will change the way it looks.
Yes its still just the factory color which im assuming is a clear. the clear is starting to come off and fade so wanting to make it look new again just not sure how to go about it.

I'm not even sure if that's possible. Cause straight from the factory, the frame is perfectly clear with absolutely zero blemishes at all, and I don't think you'd be able to get it to be the same as it was. If I were you I would go for black or red

The original clear is done over raw factory steel, which you will never get again. Clear tends to get rust underneath it, which is why it ends up turning "brown" and chipping.

Id probably recommend gloss or matte black...will work with any body/graphics color, and has a better resale value then a lime green, yellow, etc.

Yes its still just the factory color which im assuming is a clear. the clear is starting to come off and fade so wanting to make it look new again just not sure how to go about it.
I understand. I tried a couple chemical strippers on ours a few years back. The results looked like crap, so I sent it out to get blasted & powdercoated silver. If you chose to have it done in a color, pick something easy that you can get a spray can for to keep it looking fresh.

Back