Triton Jr Cross Weight

Hey folks,
I am heading to Jennings county in Southern Indiana for the first time. This is requiring me to pull 14 pounds off the kart. Jennings a a wide, flat D Shaped track that I assume is Dry Slick as the night progresses.

Currently the Kart is set up at.

300 pound blue plate
47.1% - Nose
LF - 70------------------RF - 78

58%left ----- 61.1%-----41.4% right

LR - 114 ----------------RR - 52
52.9% - Rear

My question for now the Cross Weight. I have read that I need to target 64%. Would this be the case for this type of track?

Before I start pulling weights off, I'm trying to calculate how much each tire needs to be adjusted. But I'm really not sure about the cross weight.

Last edited:
If you've ran it and it is performing well leave cross numbers and other numbers alone, pull equally off middle each side of seat, If you cannot do that just run it 14 lb over weight you'll be better off.

Hey folks,
I am heading to Jennings county in Southern Indiana for the first time. This is requiring me to pull 14 pounds off the kart. Jennings a a wide, flat D Shaped track that I assume is Dry Slick as the night progresses.

Currently the Kart is set up at.

300 pound blue plate
47.1% - Nose
LF - 70------------------RF - 78

58%left ----- 61.1%-----41.4% right

LR - 114 ----------------RR - 52
52.9% - Rear

My question for now the Cross Weight. I have read that I need to target 64%. Would this be the case for this type of track?

Before I start pulling weights off, I'm trying to calculate how much each tire needs to be adjusted. But I'm really not sure about the cross weight.
IF you do not have scales at home to re scale and re set all numbers after you pull weight, Your barking up the wrong tree here you'll have your current set up all messed up.

I took the cart to a buddies shop who races modified race cars. Got all the corner weight scaled. Took notes of the numbers and picked up four adjustable bathroom scales. Leveled them perfectly with printer paper stacks a 6' level and placed the kart on all four. From there I dialed the scales to match the numbers from the good scales. I did basically what you said. I had to add a little weight to the rear Left. Current numbers are on the attached picture.

We'll take it back to the actual scales tomorrow and confirm.

Attachments

• TritonJrscale.png
    TritonJrscale.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 52
I meant to add. I talked to a tech at Phantom Racing about a throttle linkage. While on the phone I asked him about the Triton Jr.

He told me that teams that have a good tire program and getting a lot of bite are running 67~71% Cross weight.

We were pushing a little tight on exit last week. The rear end never seemed to give so hoping that cross is better.

Back