Triton jr seat mounting

Phenom20

Hey guy's, getting back into karting with my 4 year old son. I got out of karting in 2007 and trying to get back up to speed. Just wondering some guidelines for seat mounting for my kid that weighs 35lbs. Going to be running 1/8 mile dirt in Wisconsin ss33a tire rule and lo206 engine. Any help is appreciated!

At that age there is no certain spec for best performance, it's mount it however it takes for him to be able to drive it, front, higher, more straight up in back.

Ok thanks. I was thinking of laying a 2x4 across the top of the frame and that would be the bottom of the seat. Where he can see better

Block it In place whenever you get him comfortable and it looks right to you, that's what you go with, you don't want him to high.

Ltg

Feb 26, 2014
For drivers that small it's typically more important to have them comfortable than it is to get the seat mounted in the outright best place. Typical numbers I see are RR strut 4.5 to 5" off the motor rail, seat back 9 to 11" off the axle, front of the seat 3/4" left of center to the steering upright, front sliders roughly 1.25 to 1.5" from being all the way forward, seat bottom near the top of the frame rails. These numbers assume a pretty low HP class.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com
At 4 years old , comfert and useability are most important .
Hope a 2/4 is enough .

lol my son is a Jr2 driver, 11 years old and weighs 60lbs and only 48" tall. It makes it challenging for sure but some of the fastest guys in racing are small stature....

Back