Triton Junior Jr3 new seat placement

I’ve got a nexgen seat for a 5’7 115 pounds and need some guidance on where to properly place his new seat in a trition junior chassis.

..I’m trying to mount an intermediate Nexgen in a TritonJr. From what I just read please confirm. I need the top of the seat to be 8.5” above the rear axle?

Currently I have it mocked up at 9.5” and the front slides are too short and the left side strut is too short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m trying to mount an intermediate Nexgen in a TritonJr. From what I just read please confirm. I need the top of the seat to be 8.5” above the rear axle?

Currently I have it mocked up at 9.5” and the front slides are too short and the left side strut is too short.
Sounds like you don't have the front notch close enough to the steering post.

9.5 is too high .
Have the slides been cut off .
Sounds odd three dont line up .
Yes it’s lining up oddly. I’ve read that this seat is different than the Select. (Also mentioned above)

Attachments

• 55328779-18E8-4FDC-B1AE-C28C991CF60A.jpeg
    55328779-18E8-4FDC-B1AE-C28C991CF60A.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 51
If I move it any more forward my left side strut can’t reach the seat.
I had it at 9.5” off the axle. I think that’s about 1.25” too high
You have the bottom of the seat to far off the floor pan for Jr 3 I'd only want 1/4 " max that would help seat strut some, but get a little longer seat strut if needed, lower entire seat move notch close to steering post and cradle the seat more.

I followed what James from PRC said in the other thread. I’ve got the top edge of the seat at 8.5” off the top of the axle. Also, followed what Kent said and lowered the seat to 1/8” off the pan. By doing these two things everything came into place. The side strut and the front slides fit well even with out the rubber grommets.

The only question I have now is how far off the LR inside bearing do I align the center-line-top edge of the seat? Currently the seat centerline is 3.67” off of the inside of the LR bearing. (See attached)

Attachments

• 38298976-9804-4526-ACA7-FDEED8D4698C.jpeg
    38298976-9804-4526-ACA7-FDEED8D4698C.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 45
So I just need the rear center of the seat be in-line with the steering column should get it?
im going to say you need one more reference point in front of the steering post and align all three, or measure off engine mount rail, but there will be someone alot more knowledgeable chime in!

Last edited:
Back