Triton on pavement

jordan27

Anyone been running the Triton on pavement? Just wondering how it is on pavement, I have read and heard it is a great kart on dirt. I am still a Nemesis guy LOL.

Thanks, Greg

I have a new 2013 Triton and had it out eight times. On black top I ran it six times and won five times and one second place. On dirt I ran it two times got two second place with it. I need more time to get it dialed in to get up to first place. I found a sweet spot for it on pavement. On dirt I need some more time with it. So yes Triton will. Nemesis is a good kart on dirt and black top/ pavement. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks, just trying to decide if i should go for a new Triton or stay with the Nemesis, Neme still running up front, but not as good as it was on the firestones, the Neme just don't like the Vegas, don't get me wrong, its fast on Vegas, but just doesn't feel the same. Seems like most of the new karts are built for the tires that are run today.

My son drives a Triton Jr Sportsman Champ and it runs great on asphalt. He just won the Florida Oval Asphalt Series. He won 6 of the 8 races.

Thanks, just trying to decide if i should go for a new Triton or stay with the Nemesis, Neme still running up front, but not as good as it was on the firestones, the Neme just don't like the Vegas, don't get me wrong, its fast on Vegas, but just doesn't feel the same. Seems like most of the new karts are built for the tires that are run today.

The Vega tire has alot more bite in it naturally then a Firestone does....you will need to adjust the Nemesis to compensate for that. Lower seat, more left, more RF camber, less castor....all things you can do to help free it up

Back